Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Horn
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I were playing and a question came up on a Merchant Track situation. She was at 10 on the Merchant Track. She bought a Civilization card that required a dice roll to see what goodies we each were going to get. She rolled a 5 (+1 on the Merchant Track) and a 2 (take two jewelry).

Under Rule 2. The Players take the actions associated with their figures, it states that "Every time a player moves forward on the Merchant Track, he takes exactly 2 jewelry, regardless of how many spaces forward he moved". Now, the questions:

Can she ignore the part about moving forward on the Merchant Track (since she's at the top), and simply take the jewelry, thus denying me moving forward, or, must she give the move on the Merchant Track to me, since she can't move forward? OR, could she take the +1 option, thus denying me, but since she is not moving forward, she would not collect the 2 jewelry under any circumstance?

Anyone with authority want to help? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hagen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have "authority" , but in my opinion, she could choose the 5, but since she did not "move forward" on the track, she cannot take the jewelry.

I don't see anything in the rules that prevents you from choosing an action that you cannot fulfill. Blocking is part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugielord wrote:
I don't have "authority" , but in my opinion, she could choose the 5, but since she did not "move forward" on the track, she cannot take the jewelry.

I don't see anything in the rules that prevents you from choosing an action that you cannot fulfill. Blocking is part of the game.

I'm almost certain the rules expressly say you can play on a hut and not build it, so it's not a stretch to allow something similar with the merchant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls