Slaughterville» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Nice Guy Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Brzezinski
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
A question about the Nice Guy ability came up in a recent gaming session that I wanted to get a clarification on.

Does his ability apply to combat situations, since it is, in essence, a attribute check?

Also, does the Nice Guy ability only add the base skill from the card, or does it add any modifiers that come from items/allies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ChyronDave wrote:
A question about the Nice Guy ability came up in a recent gaming session that I wanted to get a clarification on.

Does his ability apply to combat situations, since it is, in essence, a attribute check?

Also, does the Nice Guy ability only add the base skill from the card, or does it add any modifiers that come from items/allies?

Sorry that I have not gotten on to reply recently. Been very hectic with the new game launching and all that. OK. As for the Nice Guy, it is as you read it. He does indeed assist with Combat checks as well. Also, since the card mentions that you add your attribute value to another's, it takes the entire value and not just that printed on the character card. So if you get your Perception up to 4, you would give another person a temporary 4 dice bonus to a single Perception check. Hope this helps!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brzezinski
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Definitely clears up any confusion.

I initially thought we might have been interpreting it wrong given that even though you have to spend a clue and can use it once a turn, the ability seems a bit overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls