Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules seem to make it clear that you must finalize your choice of actions before you begin resolving them in the order of your choosing, but the FAQ clearly states that you can resolve one action before deciding what your next action will be. Which is correct? Am I interpreting the rules incorrectly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Slattery
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Select and complete one action, then the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BriBriSlat wrote:
Select and complete one action, then the other.

OK, thanks. Yeah, like I said, it's very clear in the FAQ; but am I crazy or do rules seem to instruct differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Sonny Rollins - A Night at the Village Vanguard
badge
Gates of Eden - Ethan Coen
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
The rules seem to make it clear that you must finalize your choice of actions before you begin resolving them in the order of your choosing, but the FAQ clearly states that you can resolve one action before deciding what your next action will be. Which is correct? Am I interpreting the rules incorrectly?
Serious question? The whole point of FAQs is to expand upon and correct misunderstandings of the rules. FAQs supersede rules by definition.

You say that the rules "make clear that you must finalize your choice of actions before you begin resolving them", but I think it's more correct to say they implied, and it seems that wasn't the intent. The publisher confirmed it here: Re: Order of Actions/Weather Events - This has not been asked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
Serious question? The whole point of FAQs is to expand upon and correct misunderstandings of the rules. FAQs supersede rules by definition.

Fair enough...and I do realize this. It just seemed so clear in the rules that it's supposed to be the other way that the FAQ scrambled my brain a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls