Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
hi
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving this game after initially feeling it was a luck-fest with bland artwork. I'm glad I gave it a second chance. Looking forward to the expansion and abductor packs.

However I've won the past 5-6 games. Although some have been very close, I was able to pull them out in the end. I've re-read the rules a few times and got everything right. I'm sure I'm the minority, but to me the game seems too easy. Not a fan of house-ruling to make it harder either.

Just my thoughts after a few plays..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not saying you make mistakes but it is a hard game.

Which hostage taker(s) have you found easy?

Have you been using the second in command rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Hebert
Canada
Granby
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost 6 times in a row today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the abductors in the base game I find I can now win 70%-80% of the time, with Arkayne being the toughest out of the 3 for me. The abductor packs introduce more challenging, and interesting abductors. Highly recommend getting the packs if you're tiring of the base game abductors, or looking for a bigger challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm there with you. I find it a bit on the easy side but haven't tired of it as I play randomly in my game queue. I did get the abductor packs to try them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikemartins wrote:
For the abductors in the base game I find I can now win 70%-80% of the time, with Arkayne being the toughest out of the 3 for me. The abductor packs introduce more challenging, and interesting abductors. Highly recommend getting the packs if you're tiring of the base game abductors, or looking for a bigger challenge.

I agree, the abductor packs really adds to the game. My favorites are 2 and 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dannyduck wrote:
I'm loving this game after initially feeling it was a luck-fest with bland artwork. I'm glad I gave it a second chance. Looking forward to the expansion and abductor packs.

However I've won the past 5-6 games. Although some have been very close, I was able to pull them out in the end. I've re-read the rules a few times and got everything right. I'm sure I'm the minority, but to me the game seems too easy. Not a fan of house-ruling to make it harder either.

Just my thoughts after a few plays..

Here are a couple of thread on the subject of difficulty:
Too hard?
too easy?

As you can see there are varied opinions .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel like it's a bit too easy, try using me... I mean, this card:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are good at the game and you win often, that isn't a problem. However, the main concern is that if you are winning too easily, do you still feel the tension, uncertainty, and excitement when you play the game?

Have you checked off a lot of the achievements/trophies on the back of the rule book?

The two rules I think that people can forget which may make the game easy is that you're supposed to reset the conversation points back to zero at the end of each round (any unspent points will be lost), and any conversation cards you used this round cannot be "bought back" during this spend phase, they will not be available until the next spend phase (so you can't keep buying the same cards back to back).

Otherwise, if you're playing it all correct, then good for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried Abductor pack #4 today, Gonzalo Herrera. Not even close! Didn't save any hostages, lost 4 and the terror deck ran out. Definitely recommend the expansion packs for added difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls