Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Data Die, Data Token, Data Crystal---> all the same for paying cards?

Concerning paying Data colors on cards for effects, can I use any of those 3 sources whenever a card asks for Data?

For example, Synthesize Data states, : When you play this, also pay 1 Red, Blue, or Gold Data token. Gain 1 DAta Crystal of that color in your inventory".

the power up(bottom half)for this card is green data and says, " gain 1 Red, Blue, or Gold data Crystal in your inventory".

1.So, for the top half, I could use a blue die ( instead of a blue data token ) to receive a blue data crystal?

2. For the bottom half, I could use a blue die, blue data token, or blue data crystal to receive a red crystal?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Nicholas
msg tools
You are correct for all this, minus I believe you meant blue data instead of green data for the bottom card activator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blklist wrote:
You are correct for all this, minus I believe you meant blue data instead of green data for the bottom card activator.

Is there an official confirmation of this answer? (Not saying the answer is wrong but I can't find an official FAQ or rule to back it up.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
Blklist wrote:

Is there an official confirmation of this answer? (Not saying the answer is wrong but I can't find an official FAQ or rule to back it up.)

Would this then be the same for, say, paying Data for challenges? I could pay a token, or crystal, or die (assuming I'd not yet used one/had the ability to use another)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI the game designer officially confirmed that you can use data dice as if they were data tokens in another thread.

2-questions-came-during-my-first-solo-conquest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
FYI the game designer officially confirmed that you can use data dice as if they were data tokens in another thread.

2-questions-came-during-my-first-solo-conquest

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick SAYET
France
CLERMONT-FERRAND
Puy de Dôme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
what are those "data tokens"? I mean physically, I have the crystals, the dice, but that's all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VictorDeLeon wrote:
what are those "data tokens"? I mean physically, I have the crystals, the dice, but that's all

Tokens is just the term the game uses for "temporary data", ie data that is lost at the end of your turn. There isn't a specific physical object for them in the game, many of your tokens come from using one of the data dice though so in those cases you can keep the die on the card using the token as a reminder of where the data came from.

It does seem a little odd that the game doesn't have actual physical data tokens but oh well. Maybe a trip to the craft store to buy some colored beads is in order for next time I play....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plastic pieces in the game that are referred to as data tokens in the rules. If you get a data token from an effect, you place it in your play area to signify that it will go away at the end of your turn if not used. If you get a data crystal from an effect, you place it on your ship card to signify that it can remain past the end of your turn.

Technically the rules refer to data from a die is "Pure Data" as are data tokens. That the rules refer to a data die and data tokens separately make me conjecture that a data die does not give you a data token. You just take the die and use it like a data token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls