Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
(1)
I know this is a very basic question, but the rules do not say. I also did not find the answer already posted.
Some deck builders say to replace right away, some say to wait until the end of the current player's turn. It's significant.
I'm going to guess, that since a Search action is replace right away, that the Purchase action is also right away.

(2)
Starship damage from Events (not battle simulations). Do you blow up (and lose the game) if it reaches your damage threshold?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, you replace after purchase.

2) I don't recall the exact wording used in the manual, so I'm not sure what you mean by "damage threshold". Your ship has a maximum amount of damage it can take, like hit points in an RPG. The die you place on your ship indicates how many hit you can still take. So the die starts at your maximum and then you reduce that number by the amount of damage you take damage. If you ever take damage equal to or greater than what is shown on the die, your ship explodes, but you don't "lose the game." Instead you:

a) end your turn
b) take an ensign
c) shuffle ALL of your cards together (draw pile, discard, hand, etc)
d) draw a new hand of five

It might also help download and read the PDF manual for the TNG version of the game. Admittedly, it is also horribly written, but some of the things missing from the TOS manual are explained there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.