Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm most of the way through my first game of CL. I'm about to conduct a DRbot Attack that involves a space with Cash. As I read what should happen, I think I may have played an earlier turn incorrectly, where I stole some Cash from the Syndicate. I had thought I could use Captured Goods to steal the Cash, but I missed the bullet in 8.1.2 that details out how to transfer it instead of removing.

So, thinking about it a little more, am I correct in saying that the solo game does not use any rule that accompanies removed Cash, such as Seizure, Captured Goods, Commandeer, or Contraband? If I understand correctly, there would never be a situation where Cash is removed, as it is always transferred somewhere.

Is that correct? If so, I shouldn't have Captured Goods-ed the Cash from the Syndicate, as it would have transferred it to the Govt instead.

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I see that I am wrong above. If the space only contains a player's faction and one other, they would be used.

Thanks,

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also note that bot instructions "to take Cash" (e.g., DRbot Assassinate) are only used if the acting bot would actually end up getting the Cash (by Transfer or Commandeer/Captured Goods/Seizure/Contraband). If the target would give the Cash to someone else (including its own surviving pieces), the "to take Cash" instructions don't apply.

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's a very good point, and something I would have overlooked had I not thought about this more. My upcoming DRbot Attack would have been played incorrectly, as there is a Synbot Guerrilla with Cash in the space, but it would just transfer it to the Govtbot, so should not be targeted. Initially, I would have just transfered it by Captured Goods, but that would have been wrong.

Along these lines, if the Cash was owned by the human player, but there are other factions in the space, do you decide what you want to do with the Cash before the bot Operation, and if the decision is to transfer it to another Faction, the bot will not target you? For example, let's say that there is a space selected for DRbot Attack. In the space, there are 2 human 26July Guerrillas, one with Cash, and 2 Govtbot Troop cubes. The DRbot only targets me if it could get the Cash, so do I pretend the DRbot announces its intent to target me, and then depending on whether I'd prefer to lose 2 Guerrillas and give the Cash to the DRbot, or just transfer the Cash to the Govt, make the relevant move?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You decide at the point you have to transfer or remove the Cash, not before. Same as if you were playing against other players.

The bots assume that the target Faction will transfer Cash to someone else (or to a surviving own piece) rather than allow it to be removed if it possibly can; so I guess I should've written "...if the target could give the Cash to someone else ..." above, instead of "...would...".

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so regardless of whether I would transfer my 26July Cash to the Govtbot or have it removed (then Captured by the DRbot), the DRbot would not target me as a human player, as there is a CHANCE of me transferring. As long as there is that chance, it will not target me.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls