Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich S.
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So.. I played a test 2p game with myself to figure out the rules and I encountered a secenario where more than one "green" card might be used. I say "green" in quotes for a reason.

I use a man to build a building. I use a woman to expand. I use a green card to use another man to gather resources. From what I found in the rules I know I cannot use another green card, but can I use the God tile which is a wild card to double the resources gathered? Basically can I use a green card and then use a god tile, or use two others as a green?

Perhaps since the intended use of my "wildcard" is the green card and the rules say only one green can be used in phase B, that means no to my questions. I would just like to know if the God tile or two of any color truly count as a green or count as a wild as far as following the rules to the letter.

Thanks for any answers you guys can give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the green god allows you to 'double' a man or woman action. In your example you said you used 1 man, 1 woman, and then a different man. I think the card would have only let you double the 1 man or 1 woman.

Also if you had a man and woman that were the same, it could double both.

answer to your question, I think, is no. The reason you can only use 1 green god during this phase is that otherwise it would be too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The green God card allows a choice between doubling a man/woman action or doing another one. That part you had correct.

I would also agree with your thought on the God tile, that you can't use it as a green God card if you've already used a green God card. The rules language is: "God tiles can be used in place of any God card of your choice." This implies to me that it carries the same restriction as all green God cards of only one allowed per turn.

I don't know of an official answer however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shmello50 wrote:
The green God card allows a choice between doubling a man/woman action or doing another one. That part you had correct.

I would also agree with your thought on the God tile, that you can't use it as a green God card if you've already used a green God card. The rules language is: "God tiles can be used in place of any God card of your choice." This implies to me that it carries the same restriction as all green God cards of only one allowed per turn.

I don't know of an official answer however.

I would agree with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I can't use the green card and then a god tile for a green's effect at once or on the same turn. The rules quote that was posted makes it clear to me now.

The rules should say something like "A god card's effect, whether it is a colored card or wild (such as god tile, two of one as another) may only be used once per turn." There is an exception. I think at the end of the game you are allowed to use up to three yellows to help complete the three tasks you have left. This is after the end of round six.

I definitely need to thank those who responded, especially so soon, so I can get the rules right before I bring this to my group. Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rathanor wrote:
So I can't use the green card and then a god tile for a green's effect at once or on the same turn. The rules quote that was posted makes it clear to me now.

The rules should say something like "A god card's effect, whether it is a colored card or wild (such as god tile, two of one as another) may only be used once per turn." There is an exception. I think at the end of the game you are allowed to use up to three yellows to help complete the three tasks you have left. This is after the end of round six.

I definitely need to thank those who responded, especially so soon, so I can get the rules right before I bring this to my group. Thanks guys

Well it's really once per action, not once per turn; so using 3 yellow gods to complete your final 3 tasks isn't an exception. Of course you could define "turn" in this game to be a single action you take; but either way completing tasks at game end isn't really a "turn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls