Recommend
21 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

7 Wonders Duel» Forums » General

Subject: Online Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mattle elttam
msg tools
[IMG][/IMG]


http://sevenee.mattle.online

Hi,

We are big fans of 7 Wonders: Duel. A very good 2-players strategic game. Unfortunately, there is no existing digital version yet, so we decided to make one with similar rules so we can play against each other at home. If you are interested, you can join us. We want to challenge you

Features
- play directly in browser - no installation
- online against human
- against A.I.
- game timer
- in-game chat
- rating/ ranking system
- FREE (of course)
21 
 Thumb up
2.26
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...and Tabletop simulator

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=286160&sear...

whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirty Harry wrote:


And Asmodee NA is working on a digital (iOS, android?) release of 7 Wonders and Duel. Without having an official license agreement, I don't see this gaining any momentum, and it's more likely a formal request to have it taken down will be made.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made a few matches against the AI, it's really cool! Is there a way to see the cards discarded? It's really needed for one of the wonders and I can't seem to find a button or something...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Alas, I only get a blank white screen. I use NoScript, but permitted your script to run. :/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
No_Frets wrote:
I've made a few matches against the AI, it's really cool! Is there a way to see the cards discarded? It's really needed for one of the wonders and I can't seem to find a button or something...


um... unfortunately you can't see the discarded cards.

I guess you might need to memorize it like how you play in real life.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
russ wrote:
Alas, I only get a blank white screen. I use NoScript, but permitted your script to run. :/


um.... we never tried NoScript. I guess we can try to look into it.

In the mean time, maybe you can try using a different browser without NoScript installed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mattle wrote:

I guess you might need to memorize it like how you play in real life.


But... in real life you can see the cards at any time!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mattle wrote:
I guess you might need to memorize it like how you play in real life.


That's actually open information by the rules; see page 10.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
No_Frets wrote:
mattle wrote:

I guess you might need to memorize it like how you play in real life.


But... in real life you can see the cards at any time!


haha. I didn't know that. then we'll add this back.

In the mean time, you can use the replay function to check history first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
First time I've seen a meteor implementation for a boardgame, I think. I've been tempted to draft something similar in my free time (mainly to test prototypes), but never found time to do so. I'd be curious to see the structure you've chosen.

Are you planning on making some of the code open-source / sharing files or ideas with interested parties ? Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Eppler
Germany
Braunschweig
flag msg tools
Nice stuff!

Played some games (~10) against KI and won all of them. Games went quite differently..the feeling is definitely there.

Great work!!! KI needs to be stronger I know it's a difficult business.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
Dystopian wrote:
First time I've seen a meteor implementation for a boardgame, I think. I've been tempted to draft something similar in my free time (mainly to test prototypes), but never found time to do so. I'd be curious to see the structure you've chosen.

Are you planning on making some of the code open-source / sharing files or ideas with interested parties ? Thanks


yes. It's easier to make online multiplayer game with meteor. Sure, I'm happy to share if you have any questions or any specifics that you wanna know. =) I guess we should take this off-line though, coz a bit out topic. Perhaps, you can PM me or ping our email.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
Blechbirne wrote:
Nice stuff!

Played some games (~10) against KI and won all of them. Games went quite differently..the feeling is definitely there.

Great work!!! KI needs to be stronger I know it's a difficult business.


Thanks. I'm glad that you like it! Once we have more games played, we can analyse and improve the A.I.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Verduzco
Mexico
Mexico City
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried today and I was impressed! The AI went for all the war cards and I felt a little under pressure. I won in the end because the AI couldn't afford the last war card

Its a very good online version, Congrats!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it through and won, though wasn't quite sure what I was doing. It would be great to have a legend or key or something to use for those of us not quite as familiar with the symbology. Still, played quickly in a normal browser.

I tried using Edge on a Surface Pro and that didn't work so well with touch. Not sure what the difference was, though. I'll have to give it another try at some point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
Akroatis wrote:
I tried today and I was impressed! The AI went for all the war cards and I felt a little under pressure. I won in the end because the AI couldn't afford the last war card

Its a very good online version, Congrats!


Thanks. I'm glad you like it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
paschott wrote:
I played it through and won, though wasn't quite sure what I was doing. It would be great to have a legend or key or something to use for those of us not quite as familiar with the symbology. Still, played quickly in a normal browser.

I tried using Edge on a Surface Pro and that didn't work so well with touch. Not sure what the difference was, though. I'll have to give it another try at some point.


The A.I. isn't particularly smart right now. But we would try to improve it ! For the legend, you can refer to this page: http://sevenee.mattle.online/lobby/forum/topic/pvmQxBmfwhL5a...

yes. We realized some issue with touch devices. still trying to figure out what's causing this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattle elttam
msg tools
Dystopian wrote:
First time I've seen a meteor implementation for a boardgame, I think. I've been tempted to draft something similar in my free time (mainly to test prototypes), but never found time to do so. I'd be curious to see the structure you've chosen.

Are you planning on making some of the code open-source / sharing files or ideas with interested parties ? Thanks


If you are still interested, you can checkout this blog:
http://blog.hiukim.com/building-online-multiplayers-games-wi...
 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Piemonte
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mattle wrote:

If you are still interested, you can checkout this blog:
http://blog.hiukim.com/building-online-multiplayers-games-wi...


great, now I just need to find the time to go through it laugh oh well, I guess I'll first start forking on github, and then I'll see. Thanks for sharing!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks! I know what I'll be reading today
Thanks for taking the time to set this up!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.