Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game a lot. I don't care for the backstory though. It doesn't quite click with me that you don't need to defeat all or the majority of the monsters to achieve victory and that you only need to defeat the last one... Unless, I change the story up a bit.

I'll stick with the wizard school theme, but have changed the story up a bit so that the students are taking an exam. The final monster is the final exam, and determines whether you pass or not, even if you defeat all the previous monsters, whereas the previous monsters represent different exams during the semester. The other monsters are used to help determine your grade for the class. Defeat the final monster and 0 or 1 other monster you pass with a C or C+ respectively. Defeat the final monster as well as 2 or 3 other monsters, you pass with a B or B+. Defeat the final monster as well as 4 or 5 other monsters, and you pass an A or A+.

The best part of this exam is that it is open book and you are encouraged to work with others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very cool spin on the whole thing! I like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nifty Idea! I like thinking of it in that perspective

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

If you guys are interested, Maxime created a special scenario for a series of events in France (I'll try to get it translated some time), and here was the scoring system:
Quote:
• 10 points per turned pages (max 60 pts)
• 1 point per turn played in the current round – the space where the Invocation token is (max 6 pts, if players lose with a monster Failure effect). In case of a victory, any remaining turns grant 5 points instead.
• 1 point per Spell acquired (max 12 pts)
• 1 point per Curse destroyed (max 26 pts)
• 1 point per Madness card still in the Madness pile (max 30 pts). If players lose because the Madness pile ran out, they lose 2 points per card they couldn't pick.
There were 6 different outcomes, depending on your final score (≤59, 60>79, 80>99, 100>119, 120>139, ≥139).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gordon
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Nice!

If you guys are interested, Maxime created a special scenario for a series of events in France (I'll try to get it translated some time), and here was the scoring system:
Quote:
• 10 points per turned pages (max 60 pts)
• 1 point per turn played in the current round – the space where the Invocation token is (max 6 pts, if players lose with a monster Failure effect). In case of a victory, any remaining turns grant 5 points instead.
• 1 point per Spell acquired (max 12 pts)
• 1 point per Curse destroyed (max 26 pts)
• 1 point per Madness card still in the Madness pile (max 30 pts). If players lose because the Madness pile ran out, they lose 2 points per card they couldn't pick.
There were 6 different outcomes, depending on your final score (≤59, 60>79, 80>99, 100>119, 120>139, ≥139).

I'd love to hear more about this scenario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This grading system is how I am going to play with my kiddos for sure. Madness cards maybe being forgetfulness/exam stress?

Many thanks for sharing the concept

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls