4 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions concerning multiple enemy combat/away missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Sams
msg tools
mbmb
1) If I'm in combat that involves both space combat and an away mission and I have a card that affects multiple enemies (Perfect Cloak, for example), does the card affect both the enemies in the space battle and the planetary enemies?

2) Can you use diplomacy during Borg Cube assault away missions? I can't find anything that says you can't but it just seems weird flavor-wise to me. Edit: Nevermind, found it. You can.

3) The rulebook states that players on a destroyed Borg Cube cannot make any attacks until they leave that location.

Quote:
A ship safely located at a destroyed Borg Cube
space cannot be attacked by another player’s
ship under any circumstances. Similarly, a ship
located on a Borg Cube space cannot make any
attacks until it leaves that space.
Moving from
a Borg Cube space onto an adjacent space will
provoke nearby Enemy Ship Tokens.

Is it referring only to PvP attacks or does the player have to move off of a destroyed cube before attacking rampaging enemies or assaulting starbases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I believe in most cases this is not true. Perfect Cloak definitely specifies "space battles," for example.

3) This refers to all attacks. You need to be off the Destroyed Borg Cube to be involved in combat of any kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Sams
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the response.

What about the cards that don't specify space battles? I don't have the game in front of me at the moment but I believe the card is called "photonic shockwave." Seven of nine's "All enemies lose all resistances" ability is another example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless something specifies an ability that lasts until the end of the turn, you should assume it only works for the current battle/encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.