Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Making a flow list just to make sure I get this right. Corrections welcome. Starting with the mission step, as the preparation is quite good in the rule book.

# Mission step
# when withdrawing, do not choose support token
# when withdrawing, do not flip card. Tap card or use included standees as
# instructed in the rulebook

A.
- Play card/use charm/withdraw
- move leader token to next active grizzled
-- no active? Continue to C
-- draw back up to 3 (if possible/necessary)?
-- If so, return to A. If not, continue to B.

B.
-- no active? Continue to C. Otherwise, return to B.

C.
# Support step
- Check if there are still non-discarded support tiles.
- If not, reshuffle all 4 tiles. Otherwise, continue.
- draw solo support tile randomly
- apply effect
# if mission was a failure, you may only choose to remove 1 hard knock,
# instead of 2.
- Discard tile.
- Continue to D.

D.
# Morale drop step
# if demoralized, change [2] to [3]
- move [2] + no. of cards left from morale deck to trials deck.
- draw back up to 3, if possible/necessary.
- Return to A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bach
United States
Rocky Hill
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I'm Bach!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the support tiles remain with the grizzled until all four have been used and then they are shuffled and distribution starts again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Gee
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great. Thanks for putting it together.

Do you need the current Step B? I am unsure how it differentiates from A. I think it goes from A to (currently) C to D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Englewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think once one of the 3 soldiers withdraws that ends the current round for all 3. Some hard knocks only apply if the mission leader is on that particular soldier, such as clumsy, while fragile they changed to affect all 3 if it is out. Assuming I'm correct and they withdraw as a group then phobias and tramas are always in effect unlike in multiplayer where they are not once a player has withdrawn an others are still playing.

I have been passing the mission leader to the next soldier after a withdrawal for the start of the next mission.

Solo certainly seems impossible to win, assuming I'm playing correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Englewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulRadagast wrote:
I believe that the support tiles remain with the grizzled until all four have been used and then they are shuffled and distribution starts again.

I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Englewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paco62 wrote:
This is great. Thanks for putting it together.

Do you need the current Step B? I am unsure how it differentiates from A. I think it goes from A to (currently) C to D.

They seem to have it to indicate that once you have declined to draw back up to 3 you no longer can for the current mission, but the wording in A should make that clear and then B could be removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ridogi wrote:
I think once one of the 3 soldiers withdraws that ends the current round for all 3. Some hard knocks only apply if the mission leader is on that particular soldier, such as clumsy, while fragile they changed to affect all 3 if it is out. I have been passing the mission leader to the next soldier after a withdrawal for the start of the next mission.

I'm no authority, but I can't imagine the mission ending after only one Grizzled withdraws. As you said, I can't see how you'd ever win, plus it isn't consistent with how the base game is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Englewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
ridogi wrote:
I think once one of the 3 soldiers withdraws that ends the current round for all 3. Some hard knocks only apply if the mission leader is on that particular soldier, such as clumsy, while fragile they changed to affect all 3 if it is out. I have been passing the mission leader to the next soldier after a withdrawal for the start of the next mission.

I'm no authority, but I can't imagine the mission ending after only one Grizzled withdraws. As you said, I can't see how you'd ever win, plus it isn't consistent with how the base game is played.

I'm also just trying to interpret the meaning of the rules so I could be wrong. Do you think each withdrawal means drawing a support tile, or once all 3 have withdrawn or the mission fails you draw one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ridogi wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
ridogi wrote:

I'm also just trying to interpret the meaning of the rules so I could be wrong. Do you think each withdrawal means drawing a support tile, or once all 3 have withdrawn or the mission fails you draw one?

I'm in the same boat! I could also certainly be wrong. I play it that once either all three have withdrawn (mission success), or the mission is failed, you draw a support token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Englewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
ridogi wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
ridogi wrote:

I'm in the same boat! I could also certainly be wrong. I play it that once either all three have withdrawn (mission success), or the mission is failed, you draw a support token.

I think you are correct, but at this point we need the designer to step in or an FAQ to be released to clear these rules up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ridogi wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
ridogi wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
ridogi wrote:

I think you are correct, but at this point we need the designer to step in or an FAQ to be released to clear these rules up.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is right, except I'm not sure if the draw step happens before the leader token moves (so Hard Knocks apply to the Grizzled who just played a card). It's very not clear.

It just says "after", which could be any time? But it matters quite a bit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Garrick
United Kingdom
South Shields
flag msg tools
mbmb
What im finding hard to understand is how to ... Hang on, bare with me I think ive figured this out.

My initial question is How do I win a mission with no cards left in my hand

But if following the flow chart in action A I decide not to draw back up to 3 and move to action B I no longer draw up at all?

Not even to 2 cards for the next grizzled, so in affect the mission will be a sucsess in 2 moves if all cards can be played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Englewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
g4rrick wrote:
What im finding hard to understand is how to ... Hang on, bare with me I think ive figured this out.

My initial question is How do I win a mission with no cards left in my hand

But if following the flow chart in action A I decide not to draw back up to 3 and move to action B I no longer draw up at all?

Not even to 2 cards for the next grizzled, so in affect the mission will be a sucsess in 2 moves if all cards can be played?

Once you decline to draw back up to 3 cards then the other grizzled can only play a card already in hand, withdraw, or use lucky charm. The mission can be a success with cards in hand, but it means adding more to the deck. The game winning mission you must empty the deck and your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
edits done. Thanks!

Franklin1742 wrote:
zenxacred wrote:

A.
-- no active? Continue to C
-- draw back up to 3 (if possible/necessary)? If so, return to A.
Perhaps add "If not, proceed to B"

zenxacred wrote:

- reshuffle all 4 tiles

You don't reshuffle the 4 Support tiles every Mission, only every 4th Mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreas kopfmann
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi, is in the solo game always a support phase, for example,mission was a failure, no soldier fall back, is than a support phase?

Thanks for helping

Andi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Kristensen
Denmark
Herlev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bluebabies wrote:
Hi, is in the solo game always a support phase, for example,mission was a failure, no soldier fall back, is than a support phase?

Thanks for helping

Andi

A little late, but: I don't see where there should not be. Under the usual rules of reducing the effect of support after failing a mission, I would assume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls