9 Posts

Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Various Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Pham
Canada
flag msg tools
Escape Missions - Do you reinforce on the objective card before drawing hostiles for it at the end of the very first turn of the game?

Hostiles Close Range - I'm looking at a Leader card from the Jungle Hostiles deck. He only has attacks at Range 1, but I had him spawn on top of some soldiers, one of which he was targeting. Am I right in assuming that he can't attack? And it looks like, according to the rules, 'closing range' is only moving closer. Is he stuck now, not attacking, since he spawned at range 0 to the soldier he is targeting?

NPS Milton, American Forces - Does this guy come with two scopes for his M203?

Event Cards - Rules seem to indicate that you must pay the XP cost immediately or the effect stays permanent. This is a bummer when you draw them first turn, before you have any XP. Can you not pay the costs later in the game to remove the card? Specially thinking of the jungle card Locals here.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape missions - I haven't played any escape mission yet, but it seems to me that the reinforcements come even during the first turn. The definition of an escape mission that you draw hostile cards on the mission after the first Move Turn Counter step, but drawing hostile reinforcements is a different effect.

Range - it is not range X only, but 0-X. So in this case Leader can attack his target on range 0 or 1.

NPS Mitton has both an ACOG sight and Red Dod sight, which is fine according to the rules.

Events - either you pay the XP when the event is drawn, or the effect stays. And if it comes up when you have no XP, then, well, tough luck. Such things happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pham
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks. The hostile ranging being 0-x makes sense - I was confused because in the rulebook there is a picture of a Gunmen hostile card showing Range 0-1, but looking at the Gunmen card in-game it only says Range 1. Must've been a reprinting at some point.

The dual scopes seem fine mechanically, but isn't it a little odd logically? The guy only has one gun, after all.

Some more questions.

Sniper Support - Do you still get XP if a soldier gets the last kill on the card, but the sniper contributed?

Optional Rules - Is there any general consensus on these? Saving action cards to enter seems to make the game a touch easier, and weapon jams are an interesting idea but seem to finicky to implement. I've just been ignoring both rules. Anyone think they contribute to the gameplay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sniper support - yes, you do. The game does not
remember" who did what amount of kills on a given hostile card.

Optional rules - I use them sometimes, depending on the mood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use both optional rules but with one change, you can only discard cards for moving if you have activated a location to move into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pham
Canada
flag msg tools
Another quick one.

Can the MQ-9 Reaper and/or OH-58 Kiowa target objective cards? Here specifically thinking of the Eastern European objective card AFV Scout Force, which reads [Destroy 2 AFVs: Vehicle, +0 Size, Defeat Cover 8, 2 Kills each.]

I'm assuming they can until someone tells me different, as I see the objective card 'activating' into 2 hostile cards, you know what I mean? I know there are other objective cards that are similar.

While we're at it, is it just me, or does +0 Size contribute nothing at all? Wouldn't it just be clearer to omit it entirely?

Thanks for answering my questions. Don't mean to sound negative, I love the game, but there are definitely some clarity issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pham
Canada
flag msg tools
Also - is there any point assigning XP to individual soldiers? I see no reason not to just assign them to the squad as a whole, they'll be pulling from the same pool anyway.

At least for solo play - I can see XP going to different player's soldiers in multiplayer games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only limit in attacking the objective cards is that you cannot use the action cards that provide an attack, for example Mortar Call. Reaper or Kiowa should be fine.

edit: So those two cards explicitly target hostile cards, therefore they are unusable on objective cards.

The Size +0 may be there for the sake of consistency but yes, it means nothing in game terms.

If a soldier with any amount of XP is killed or medevac'd away, the XP he had is gone with him. This way you can not only spend the XP, but also lose them completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've properly checked the Reaper/Kiowa situation and I have edited my previous post with the right answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls