Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: Average rounds for Ambuscade? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I'm putting together a series of campaign scenarios for our regular (4-player) group, and it would be handy to know, on average, the number of rounds that Ambuscade games tend to last. There's a little twist I have in mind which I'd like to tune to the game length. Can that level of detail be pulled out the Statistics Project?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you find an average from the stats project? Probably, but Ambuscade's "difficulty" is tied to how often he gets his cloak. If you changed the gameplay to have his cloak not be int he deck and instead turn on every x turns you could control the length of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matchstickman wrote:
Can you find an average from the stats project? Probably, but Ambuscade's "difficulty" is tied to how often he gets his cloak. If you changed the gameplay to have his cloak not be int he deck and instead turn on every x turns you could control the length of the game.
Hmm, good thinking. It's a shame he shuffles his deck so much - otherwise you could just salt it semi-regularly with Vanishes.

Still - any idea how I would go about pulling it out of stats? I found this, but I can't seem to get it to find much on Ambuscade: http://public.tableau.com/profile/arathorn#!/vizhome/Sentine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The very first time I fought him, it took something like four to five hours. c.c It was honestly the longest Sentinels game I've ever played.

I think we were doing something wrong, though, because nowadays, knowing how to play the game, he never takes more than an hour, usually more like half an hour. Granted, that's in the digital game, which is always going to play faster, but still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambuscade, vanilla Gloomie and Iron Legacy tend to have the shortest games for me, usually 3-5 rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles S
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
I'm putting together a series of campaign scenarios for our regular (4-player) group, and it would be handy to know, on average, the number of rounds that Ambuscade games tend to last. There's a little twist I have in mind which I'd like to tune to the game length. Can that level of detail be pulled out the Statistics Project?

When you enter data, you have the option to include number of rounds the game took. But it is optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ChazIsidore wrote:
greylag wrote:

When you enter data, you have the option to include number of rounds the game took. But it is optional.
Thanks - I realise the data is in there, as I've logged a few games myself. What I don't know is how to get it out again! Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles S
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:

Thanks - I realise the data is in there, as I've logged a few games myself. What I don't know is how to get it out again! Any suggestions?[/q]

In another thread the guy who maintains the form said to reach out to him if you wanted the data. His email is on the form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thats me! email me at lynkfox at gmail with your gmail account and i'll get you access to the raw data.

There is a LOT of it though. (16000+ entries) and i have no idea how many ambuscade games have rounds included (or how many have rounds included anyways)

Its always been optional because I always forget to count so I suspected others did too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thanks Lynk! emailed you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Access given. If you need anything regarding it, just email me again. Let us know what you find!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lynkfox wrote:
Access given. If you need anything regarding it, just email me again. Let us know what you find!
Thanks - I was able to find what I needed:

Average around 6, which is sorta what I expected. There must have been some interesting games out in either tail! Anyway, this has set up nicely what I need in order to run the season finale for our Sentinels campaign - Ambuscade in Freedom Tower. (Sounds easy, right? There's one or two surprises along the way - hence why I needed this data...)

Bonus content - here's the cover image, this is issue #6:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even without knowing exactly what you're doing, I love what you do with these campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TakeWalker wrote:
Even without knowing exactly what you're doing, I love what you do with these campaigns.
Thanks! I'll probably write it up when we're done with the 1st season, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls