3 Posts

Dark Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard Order (Plus bonus scenario question) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antal Tettinger
msg tools
Hello!

Hopefully the publisher reads this. There is once scenario when you can discard one armor and take the top card from the discard pile.
I have two questions regarding this.

1. There are cards which let you discard cards (like the one says draw two cards and discard one Secret Helper), in this case in which order the cards go to the discard pile? First the cards discarded by the card action and then the card itself - Secret Helper goes on top or the other way around?

2. There is a card which says if its Night everyone should discard a card. In this case is there an order of discarding the cards?

I guess its somewhat important which card goes on the top of the discard pile because one can try to reclaim it next round.

Bonus question: The Iron Army scenario in a two player game will result that one player gets 6-11 extra scores because one will end the game empty handed for sure as per game rule (One can get some gold coins but that is not very likely i suppose to have more gold coins than cards in the other players hand), is that intended to be like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Antal,
your hopes have come true!

1) Cards with the "discard the card to the common discard pile" icon - i.e. the Secret Helper - are directly played on the top of the discard pile before resolving their effect.

2) In that case starting from the player who's playing and proceeding in clockwise order, each player discard a card.

Bonus answer. In a 2-player game the payer with the highest sum of "coins + cards in hand" will get 10 points while the opponent gets 5 points. You have to sum up cards with coins and then see who owns the highest sum. I think you might have misunderstood this scoring rule.
Hope it's clear now!

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antal Tettinger
msg tools
Dear Martino,

Wow, great, thank you for the quick answer, amazing. Very helpful.

By the rule of the The Iron army I don't think I misunderstood the rules, just the way I wrote down the question maybe didn't make too much sense.

I try to explain myself for a two player game:

I understand that the player with the highest coins + cards sum in hand can get 10 victory points (the other gets 5) and that if someone have a villain and a sword and/or male and a sword can get 3-3 victory points for each. So that is total 6 points + 10 = 16 points, and the other player gets 5 for second place so the difference is 11 points.

Since the game ends when some player doesn't have a card in their hand and the game end scoring scenario for Iron Army says basically that you can have some victory points if you hold some cards, namely villain and male plus swords, it means that in a two player game the player who is left holding cards will get 5 to 11 extra scores than his/her opponent just for that. I find it hard to play a tactic of trying to have more cards, because getting extra cards seems to be pure luck. That's why I felt this scenario is strange for 2 players.

Anyway great fun game, quick, great illustrations. Recommended we really enjoy playing it, probably will get the expansion soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls