andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Hi when a battle is concluded do ALL the forces that attacked and all the forces of the defending faction flip to revealed?

(Thanks in advance)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but not if the defending faction retreated. In that case, keep the units as they were.

But really, the rules are very clear:

If a Retreat, skip this step. If not, flip all Hidden Warbands and Auxilia of both the Attacking and Defending Factions in the Region that survived to Revealed.

What makes you doubt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Oh sorry - I was confused as I thought defending and attacking meant those involved in the battle - say the attacker has a load more pieces than the defender do all of those pieces class as being involved in the battle? Or just the number of pieces the win the battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, i see - no, there is no mechanism to keep some of your units in a region out of a battle. There is only a defending and an attacking faction, so once they are in the region, all their units are involved in a battle, regardless of the number necessary to eliminate the opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andy! Thanks Benji!

Yes, all.

Quote:
... all Hidden Warbands and Auxilia of both the Attacking and Defending Factions ...

As an aside, throughout the game, there is not really use of a concept of certain of a single Faction's units in a Region being "involved" and other units there of that Faction being "uninvolved" in a Battle in that Region, that I can think of. Mainly to reduce fiddliness, Battles are all-in. [Ninja'd!]

Cheers! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Excellent advice - thanks chaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a copy handy, but I recall an event card that allows you to march all hidden warbands to an adjacent region, and then those warbands battle "alone."

We interpenetrated that as them battling without support of any friendly troops already in the region.

If anyone recalls and can post the card, that would be awesome. Or possibly unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
JgzMan wrote:
I don't have a copy handy, but I recall an event card that allows you to march all hidden warbands to an adjacent region, and then those warbands battle "alone."

Ha, yes. Shaded Impetuosity #72, the exception that proves the rule: "Free March 1 group of your Hidden Warbands (no Leader). That group then may free Battle (alone)."

The Tip in the Playbook does specify that the group "would attack only with the group of Warbands that just Marched", calling it out as a special case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you voluntarily have forces affected by Circumvallation attack alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottland wrote:

The card text:
Quote:
Counter-fort: Romans may free March to an adjacent Citadel and put Circumvallation marker on Citadel Faction’s pieces there. Marked group may not move from Region; if it attacks alone, Romans defend as if Fort. Remove marker if group attacks Romans in Battle or is eliminated, or if no Romans there.

I don't see why you would want to, as if they Attack by themselves, the Romans defend as if there's a Fort in the Region. However, if you bring a piece in, then they do not get that bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:
Scottland wrote:

The card text:
Quote:
Counter-fort: Romans may free March to an adjacent Citadel and put Circumvallation marker on Citadel Faction’s pieces there. Marked group may not move from Region; if it attacks alone, Romans defend as if Fort. Remove marker if group attacks Romans in Battle or is eliminated, or if no Romans there.

I don't see why you would want to, as if they Attack by themselves, the Romans defend as if there's a Fort in the Region. However, if you bring a piece in, then they do not get that bonus.
And even if for some reason somebody wants to have them attack alone that ability just is not provided by the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. I should've looked at the card before posting. For some reason I thought that the card said that attacking alone removed the marker. Clearly, attacking alone is actually a penalty and not to be desired. Oops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls