2 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster – Gorm Expansion» Forums » Variants

Subject: House rule recycle gear? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
anders stegervall
Sweden
flag msg tools
We (my Group) has at the moment not able to play the game to its end or really explore (i will soon move and will be able to play more frequently).

anyway, as i remember, "Recycle" is only possible via one hunt event if you are carrying that piece of gear and is lucky on the roll.

So i am wondering how much would "Recycle" gear, "ruin" the core game?

My idea was that a gear that is recycled will first automatically loose one random resource needed for that gear. And then roll on any resources after that.

So if you need 3 to make it, you have a chance to either get 2 random resources from that gear, one or none.

Like on a roll of 7+ gain on recourse. It would both give the chance to gain resources you need as well as not have a full settlement inventory with gear no one uses.

Or maybe you drop one resource, roll 7+ to gain one. and if there is still 2 or more resources "left from that gear", you drop another resources to roll on the next one. Kind of pay half the resources to roll on the other half and maybe get some resources.

.. hope someone understands what i am talking about

I mainly want this "house rule" so that old gear isn't just "dead space", and at the same time have chance to get some resources. This would slightly make it easier (i guess ), but it wouldn't be impossible from an RP perspective, that the survivors are able to tear at old gear and try to recover parts to use in other gear.

Anywho, thoughts? ideas? suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Moore
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Our play group simplifies this a little bit. When we recycle a piece of gear, we just choose one construction resource to get in return, and return the gear to its correct location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls