Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Quick rules clarification questions:

1. Abilities. These can be used at anytime? If yes even mid-move? I am specifically thinking of the snuff out ability. My daughter today used Lilana to move-use snuff out-then move back. I believe this is OK but want to confirm.

2. Are Planeswalkers considered creatures? I believe no they are not. They count as figures but not creatures. This affects the use of some abilities.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saif Al-Azzawi
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Michael

1- abilities on army cards (including palneswalkers) can be used any time as long as that army card has been activated.

2- you are correct they are not. Though they do count as figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You may not use activated abilities mid-move or between attacks. You must use them before you move or after you complete your move, before you attack or after combat is complete. (FAQ)

2. Planeswalkers are not labeled as "creatures" under their picture, so they are not creatures. (More info here.)

I recommend reading both of the following FAQs as there are several clarifications you might find helpful:

FAQ #1: HASBRO PROVIDED Rules FAQ
FAQ #2: Hasbro Provided Rules FAQ (part 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nismo wrote:
Hey Michael

1- abilities on army cards (including palneswalkers) can be used any time as long as that army card has been activated.

2- you are correct they are not. Though they don count as figures.
1- is completely incorrect as J.D. Schipper pointed out. You cannot activate abilities in the middle of a move or attack.

2- This highlighted part is incorrect. Plainswalkers do count as "Figures" (for spells and abilities that target "figures"). They do not count as "Creatures" or "Squad Creatures" (for spells and abilities that target those). They also count as Plainswalkers (for spells and abilities that specifically target them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! Will read the FAQ too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide