Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 1 of the heX-Wing document, I mention, "For micro-play using Armada fighters based individually, a 1" hex-grid board works great."

I received a couple of questions about what is micro-play. Actually, the idea comes from a fellow heX-Wing player. He used the small fighters from the Armada game and wanted to put together a small easy to pack and carry travel-sized set. He put the small Armada ships (TIE-fighters, X-Wings, M.Falcon, TIE-Bombers, and so on) on small individual bases and uses a 1" hex-grid mat. Because the hexes are numbered, he could play heX-Wing with friends via phone/chat while on business trips.

For more information about heX-Wing see the link below:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/97008/hex-wing-versio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Munilla
United States
Garner
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very neat idea! Any chance we could get some pictures of the based models?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
narr wrote:
Very neat idea! Any chance we could get some pictures of the based models?

I'll ask him to post more details and a few pictures, but he is on vacation right now.

Basically, you can use almost anything to make the stands. For example why not use a small poker chip and hot-glue a nail to it. Then of course paint it all black.

Also, there are a lot of pre-made stands available. The following pictures are from warsen.al, but several companies make same or similar items.

For fighters, a 20mm base should be perfect, and for the large ships like the Falcon and Slave-I, a bigger base can be used.

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls