Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: blog [+] [View All]
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a brief (well, 7 months!) hiatus, I've decided to give this Bloggin thing another go. My new entry gives some reasons (as well as screenshots) of what has been eating up all my free time!

Hope to see you there!

Scott

http://nothingbutgames.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sifu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Nice blog!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John N.
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Blog. The guys I work with all play Battlefield 2 during our lunch breaks (the game room is right next to our department - dangerous). The new Battlefield looks amazing, just need to convince the bosses to buy it 12 copies and put them on the computers here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CharmlessMan77 wrote:
Nice Blog. The guys I work with all play Battlefield 2 during our lunch breaks (the game room is right next to our department - dangerous). The new Battlefield looks amazing, just need to convince the bosses to buy it 12 copies and put them on the computers here!

I skipped BF2 after the dull and "insanely difficult to tell where the hell you are" BF: Vietnam. I hear it was pretty good too. I'm not sure which features have changed since BF2 came out but what I like so far:

*Ammo Supply, Healing and Repairs are now "kit specific" so there are not predictable spots on the map where an enemy needs to get those things from just as much as you do. BF:1942 tended to create "hot spots" where all the fighting occured since you needed those items and they didn't move. It's VERY cool having the players control all that now.

*Ranks/Unlocks - I'm pretty sure BF2 had unlocks, but I don't know about the rank thing. Earning points for kills and meeting certain criteria is brilliant! It gives you a bunch of mini goals to try for and certain maps are easier to earn things on than others (try getting 10 roadkills in a claustrophobic city map - aint gonna happen!). Unlocks are a great incentive to tweak your kits(s) how you want and it lets everyone play and go up in abilities the way they want to.

*The Command Structure - again, don't know if BF2 did it this way, but I really like the whole squad/commander set-up used in BF:2142. Join a squad, follow orders and gain extre points to move up in rank faster.

*Titan Mode - this is the absolute BEST addition to a 1st person shooter ever. The game flow changes as the Titan shield drops and the intensity just skyrockets as you try and attack/defend in the narrow corridors and reactor core.

*EA Games really did an amazing job in getting the right "feel" for futuristic combat. The weapons, vehicles, scenery and gameplay all blend together seamlessly. If you have a decent computer, the graphics will blow you away. I recommend downloading the small movies at the BF:2142 site to get a sense of how the game plays - by the way, ALL the scenes in ALL the movies are lifted right out of actual games. They ARE NOT tweaked to improve the way things look - they actually do play like the videos show!

The thing to do is buy a copy FOR your boss and have him try it at work so you can all see it... he WILL be hooked!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sifu wrote:
Nice blog!

Why thank you! I went and spent some time looking through your profile. I enjoyed your comments on Command and Colors: Ancients.

I also read your Fury of Dracula review and I agree with most of what you said, but... we have A LOT of fun playing this! We had the situation that you described happen to us (where after a few hours Drac "teleports" away. Our group's reaction was totally different though, instead we cursed our luck as the Drac player wiped the sweat from his brow as he made his narrow escape at a very tense moment.

I'll be heading back to read more of your comments though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.