Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Champion Glory of Battle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Parparian
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each time you defeat a monster, each other hero within 3 spaces of you gains 1 valor.

Before rolling his defense dice, a hero may spend 1 valor to add 1 Shield to his defense results (limit once per defense roll)

When you kill must you give each hero the valor or can you choose to only give to some heroes, and also wondering about familiars (summon stones specifically)

We have been playing it that if the stone is in reach I must give it a valor but am hoping we have been playing wrong to save some tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Summoned Stones are Obstacles, not treated as Hero Figures. No Valor for them...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
isaragnor wrote:
[...] When you kill must you give each hero the valor or can you choose to only give to some heroes, and also wondering about familiars (summon stones specifically)
Neither the text of Glory of Battle nor the general rules about valor tokens say that gaining them is optional. You must give 1 to all heroes and familiar treated as heroes within 3 spaces of the Champion (this includes the Champion himself). If not enough valor tokens remain in the supply you may decide who receives them.

isaragnor wrote:
We have been playing it that if the stone is in reach I must give it a valor but am hoping we have been playing wrong to save some tokens.

As Titeman correctly pointed out Summoned Stones are not heroes and not even familiars treated as heroes, so they can't receive valor tokens.

Edit: Fixed the comment about the Champion receiving valor from that skill.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
Neither the text of Glory of Battle nor the general rules about valor tokens say that gaining them is optional. You must give 1 to all heroes and familiar treated as heroes within 3 spaces of the Champion (this includes the Champion himself). If not enough valor tokens remain in the supply you may decide he receives them.


Well, no, Glory of Battle specifically says "each other hero," so you don't have to give one to the Champion from GoB. You will of course have to give him one from his starting skill. As the active player, though, you'll have the choice of which skill to resolve first, if you're running up against the valor token cap and want them to go certain places.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops! You're right. Thank you for the heads up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls