Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game Of AoD yesterday and have a couple of rules questions.

* Expose markers removed in a fight are returned once returning to the main map, correct?

* Also expose markers are triggered no matter if actual damage was caused (prevented with shields for example), correct?

* If all heroes have the same threat, how does on handle the AI then? Choosen by players?

* There is an amulet that say "if a hero suffers one or more wounds you may suffer that many wounds instead, gain 1 heroism". What is the definition of suffer one wound? Before or after shields? So can one character use up all his shields and then the carrier of that amulet take the remaining damage and once more shield against them with his shields?

* The Kraken cannot be moved by any ability. Can I still use abilities like taunt on him to activate the parts not associated with moving? (Move enemy to hero, enemy gains one expose).

* How does one track the enrage ability of the Kraken (I assume he gets one more damage /round and used the "!" markers to track that, but its a bit missing from the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Played my first game Of AoD yesterday and have a couple of rules questions.

* Expose markers removed in a fight are returned once returning to the main map, correct?

* Also expose markers are triggered no matter if actual damage was caused (prevented with shields for example), correct?

* If all heroes have the same threat, how does on handle the AI then? Choosen by players?

1) yes, reshuffle the full expose marker pool once the encounter is done.

2) yes, reveal expose markers when attacked whether shields or armour block damage or not.

3) yes, player choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'll tackle the rest of the questions.

kilrah wrote:

* There is an amulet that say "if a hero suffers one or more wounds you may suffer that many wounds instead, gain 1 heroism". What is the definition of suffer one wound? Before or after shields? So can one character use up all his shields and then the carrier of that amulet take the remaining damage and once more shield against them with his shields?

Suffer wounds means actual loss of Health points and it's an effect that cannot be countered by shields. So after the first hero is dealt damage which passed his shields, the damage remaining would cause him to suffer wounds. The other character with the amulet then can use it to suffer those wounds instead but because they aren't considered damage at this point the 2nd hero's shields cannot be used.

Hope that makes sense.

Quote:
* The Kraken cannot be moved by any ability. Can I still use abilities like taunt on him to activate the parts not associated with moving? (Move enemy to hero, enemy gains one expose).

I'm not sure if this is in the manual but it has been officially clarified (somewhere) that if a player cannot execute the whole card text then he cannot activate a card. So you cannot play Taunt if the monster cannot be moved.

Quote:
* How does one track the enrage ability of the Kraken (I assume he gets one more damage /round and used the "!" markers to track that, but its a bit missing from the rules).

Enrage is counted with whatever tokens you want. I believe the official rule is to use the "!" markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both very much for your responses.

Bowmangr wrote:

Suffer wounds means actual loss of Health points and it's an effect that cannot be countered by shields. So after the first hero is dealt damage which passed his shields, the damage remaining would cause him to suffer wounds. The other character with the amulet then can use it to suffer those wounds instead but because they aren't considered damage at this point the 2nd hero's shields cannot be used.

Damn. I thought so, but that makes the amulet pretty much useless IMHO. At least for an Epic

Bowmangr wrote:

I'm not sure if this is in the manual but it has been officially clarified (somewhere) that if a player cannot execute the whole card text then he cannot activate a card. So you cannot play Taunt if the monster cannot be moved.

Damn. That expose marker was the single point of damage needed to win against the Tentacle Monster. So I guess we didn't win our first game after all. But at least it was a close call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quote:

You can find it in the rulebook page 18 Hero action phase -> Activation restriction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls