4 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Concentration + Stout Resolve rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K Rob
msg tools
Hey guys --

I ran into this yesterday; I charged "Stout Resolve" with "Concentration" and wanted to double-check with the forum to see if this is played how I read it:

When I discard the cards for Stout Resolve's stronger effect, do the discarded cards now add 4 rather than 2? Seems like a really good combo; almost too good, which is why I wanted to check with everyone.

Thanks in advance for considering the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they don't.

Stout resolve gives 3, and the effect is increased by 2 for each card discarded. Concentration increases the effect by 2. It is impossible to read the two cards and come to any other reasonable conclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gokylessj wrote:
Hey guys --

I ran into this yesterday; I charged "Stout Resolve" with "Concentration" and wanted to double-check with the forum to see if this is played how I read it:

When I discard the cards for Stout Resolve's stronger effect, do the discarded cards now add 4 rather than 2? Seems like a really good combo; almost too good, which is why I wanted to check with everyone.

Thanks in advance for considering the question.
Concentration is clear: whatever the final result is, add +2. So, resolve "Stout Resolve" and then add +2 to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Rob
msg tools
Excellent. Thanks for clarifying to you both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls