9 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie question: Chapter 1 victory condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Knut Högvall
msg tools
mbmbmb
Chapter Objective says "get all mice to the tree".

Victory Condition says "get all uncaptured mice to the tree".

Which one is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same. You cannot get a captured mouse anywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Condition says "get all uncaptured mice to the tree", so that is what is needed to win the chapter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captainknut wrote:
Chapter Objective says "get all mice to the tree".

Victory Condition says "get all uncaptured mice to the tree".

Which one is it?
think of the chapter objective as a description of the overall goal of the chapter. it's not a super-specific gameplay kind of thing

the victory condition is that specific game state that must be achieved for victory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiong ie
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think what he meant is if Victory Condition is get all uncaptured mice to the tree, that means you can cause 3 other mice to KO themselves, and just require 1 mouse to the tree to win.

Now I m curious, which is it? All mice? or just mice that are uncaptured?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xiongie wrote:
I think what he meant is if Victory Condition is get all uncaptured mice to the tree, that means you can cause 3 other mice to KO themselves, and just require 1 mouse to the tree to win. [/quote]yes, that is literally what is being asked.

[quote]Now I m curious, which is it? All mice? or just mice that are uncaptured?
... and answered already. it's uncaptured mice.

also, sure, that's a strategy you could employ, but you'd lose stuff from your packs that you might have wanted to take with you to the next chapter, so i wouldn't really recommend it.

i also think it's generally a LOT easier to just to run to the tree instead of purposefully try to get mice captured. you also run into the problem of needing at least 1 mouse at the tree to begin with, or you run the risk of failing the chapter at the last possible tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
(...) you'd lose stuff from your packs that you might have wanted to take with you to the next chapter, so i wouldn't really recommend it.

i also think it's generally a LOT easier to just to run to the tree instead of purposefully try to get mice captured. you also run into the problem of needing at least 1 mouse at the tree to begin with, or you run the risk of failing the chapter at the last possible tile.

Also, each capture makes the hourglass move up 1 page. That means you need to have the appropriate amount of empty pages to spare if you even were to try this. Triggering a surge will put this strategy in even more trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually we got here twice and in neither case it was difficult to wipe out the enemies. We used the tile to try to make some extra searches to optimize the equipment. It is possible to hide your mice in the tree and do the searches from the safety. You just need to have one mouse outside to prevent the victory condition.

Keep in mind, that the surge brings monsters just once per tile so you may have a lot of time to do the searching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
I verified the scenario text and the courtyard must be cleaned of monsters. So feel free to let any number of mice be captured, but you must be able to mop up the enemies to win this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls