Subject: Two rules questions needing a definitive answer on rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
As these"could be critical to outcome results".

When a ranger loses his life due to wounds what happens?

When the "reshuffle" card comes up which decks are reshuffled? Literally all of them or are some not meant to be reshuffled (adventure deck, artifacts, mission, etc)?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid the rules for death are still undetermined per this thread which has the best discussion of the topic:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1593237/death

I like Matt Smith's interpretation as it goes along with Jason Maxwell's comments about the intent of the game. However, if you want to go with a Defenders of the Realm interpretation which is permanent death for a fully wounded hero, I can't fault you for it.

You only place the monstrosity if the hero's death was the result of excess mutations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

When a ranger loses his life due to wounds what happens?

The Ranger is dead and your turn ends. Discard all their cards (Ranger, Mutations, Artifacts - everything), and Karma tokens. Choose a new Ranger, or start the same one again if there are no available Rangers. Place the Ranger token om Last Stand and draw 2 Ranger cards. Next turn you play the enew Ranger.

When the "reshuffle" card comes up which decks are reshuffled? Literally all of them or are some not meant to be reshuffled (adventure deck, artifacts, mission, etc)?

Reshuffle all the decks that have cards in their discard. I put completed Adventures of the Adventure deck on the botton of teh deck, so I do not reshuffle it, but you can if you wish. Additionally, SPecial cards are discarded out of play after use, so they would not be shuffled back in. The main thing is that the Raiders and Rangers deck get reshuffled, but as noted do all that have a discard pile.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
You are the man Richard!! Thank you so much! You don't have to come on here and answer these silly questions but you do. True gamer's gamer/developer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls