Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Gesser
Brazil
Florianópolis
SC
flag msg tools
Hello fellow zombiciders, this happened during a game this weekend:

In a map with two spawn zones, a necromancer spawned from one will try to flee from the other. There is a special rule for when there are a single zone, in this case the necromancer will escape using that same zone.

But what if there are two zones, and they are separated by closed doors? Will the necromancer walk to the door, like zombies targeting the noisiest zone, or will he flee using his entry zone?

I could not find anything concerning that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He would have to wait like all the other Zs. He cannot escape through his own entry zone unless that is the only spawn zone left on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Gesser
Brazil
Florianópolis
SC
flag msg tools
That was also the way we assumed it would work.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was another thread somewhere that had discussion that this mechanic was not very thematic because the necro is basically a human - so why couldn't he open a door? I think there was discussion for house-ruling him somehow but you would certainly have to be careful what else might break by doing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But maybe he's too weak to force the door? All that necromantic magic sucks the life out of you. See what I did there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Gesser
Brazil
Florianópolis
SC
flag msg tools
Maybe he don't want the door to be opened

Another idea for house ruling is to ignore necromancer spawning from isolated zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission 9 relies on necromancers spawning in a zone that starts isolated from the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
Mission 9 relies on necromancers spawning in a zone that starts isolated from the others.
Exactly.

I don't see the problem. The Necromancer waits, while his own Spawn zone spawns more and more zombies. Sooner or later you have to open a door...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We played mission 9 on Sunday. I was the lowest scoring survivor, only just into yellow, so they gave me the torch and dragon bile. We opened the door (avoiding extra activations from the new spawns), and I shot up to red in one turn. We still had one more spawn point to move, so the game continued with everyone else at yellow and orange while the zombies (and me) were at red.

We just adjusted one rule - if an abomination could not go anywhere with the extra activation provided by drawing a new abom. spawn card, we spawned a fatty instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
There was another thread somewhere that had discussion that this mechanic was not very thematic because the necro is basically a human - so why couldn't he open a door?
Well, humans cannot open doors either, unless equiped with those unwieldy, heavy things such as axes or swords...
The Necromancer is a weakling and he is very clumsy when it comes to using melee weapons.
He is quite like a human mangician : his pockets are full of spells, but nothing more...
So thematically speaking, the Necromancer's inability to open locked doors is quite acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hess
United States
La Selva Beach (Santa Cruz)
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
Well, humans cannot open doors either, unless equiped with those unwieldy, heavy things such as axes or swords...

My house is in constant disarray because of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife just frowns and shakes her head at all the smashed doorknobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tox
msg tools
cegesser wrote:
There is a special rule for when there are a single zone, in this case the necromancer will escape using that same zone.

Can someone cite this? I've never heard this rule before, and it came up in a game last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tehtox wrote:
cegesser wrote:
There is a special rule for when there are a single zone, in this case the necromancer will escape using that same zone.

Can someone cite this? I've never heard this rule before, and it came up in a game last night.

Page 30 : "In special circumstances, all Spawn Zone tokens
may end in the same Zone. In that case, a Necro-
mancer still comes with an additional Necromancer
Spawn token, but flees as soon as he activates."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis browne
msg tools
Last night we were playing a scenario, can't remember which one, but we eliminated all spawn zones but the the necromancers spawn and the spawn in that same zone. If those are the only ones left then they escape through one of those correct??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbrowne1974 wrote:
Last night we were playing a scenario, can't remember which one, but we eliminated all spawn zones but the the necromancers spawn and the spawn in that same zone. If those are the only ones left then they escape through one of those correct??
Yes. The post directly above yours shows the rules state exactly that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls