Martians: A Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: The Kickstarter campaign approaching – information rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Everything tells us that the KS campaign is going to launch this weekend.
The game has been being perfected in all aspects, and in the meantime we have sent prototypes to three reviewers. The teasers should be available when the campaign starts, and we hope that any language mistakes will not affect the reception of the game.
The campaign is scheduled for 21 days at the most. As for today we can assure you there will be two game versions:

- economic – exactly what you can see in the gallery:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3084690/martians-story-civil...

- collector's edition – same as above plus complete set of 3D building models that may be placed on the board.

You will be provided the link to the campaign site in the days to come. When you do, please send us any remarks regarding its contents.

Godspeed to you, astronauts!devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"I do what I do because it’s right! Because it’s decent! And above all, it’s kind! It’s just that… Just kind." -Dr. Who
badge
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
redimp wrote:
Everything tells us that the KS campaign is going to launch this weekend.

Many campaigns seem to launch on a weekday. Bigger campaigns lately seem to be launching on a Tuesday (though that could be memory bias). Launching on a weekend might not get the rush you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!
Really looking forward to the campaign!
As suggested, a weekday might be better for launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Møller
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to reading more about this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sheppard
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the rules be available before the KS campaign ends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Auer
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please post the rules! I never buy or back any game before reading the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
RogalDorn wrote:
Will the rules be available before the KS campaign ends?

The rules be available on Friday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the fact that Space themes are more present again nowadays! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Here is the preliminary schedule with the campaign start date changed according to your suggestions:

1. On the 9th of July at the latest we will publish the beta version of rulebook and ask you to report any bugs in it

2. On the same day we will provide you with the link to the project site, again asking you to report any bugs. Although we have hired native speakers, mistakes may happen.

3. On the 11th of July Kickstarter action will launch. The precise time is not known yet. By that time we hope to have professional videos with explanation of the game rules from Board Game Brawl and Box of Delights. We also hope to have a video from Rahdo Runs Through by the end of campaign.

4. The action is going to last 21 days at the most. We hope the game gets funded soon and during the campaign we should be able to prepare the final look of game components to print.

5. Production should start at the beginning of September and will be divided into two steps:

a.limited number of copies (of both editions - with and without miniatures) for the backers who will have chosen the personal game reception at the Essen Spiel and also for anyone who would like to buy a copy there. We will do everything we can to make it happen. We hope to be able to manufacture all items of the reached stretch goals, well, perhaps except for the space flight.

b.right after Essen Spiel all the remaining copies will be produced and sent to backers. You should receive them by the end of February, 2017.

There is also a more optimistic estimation that everything will be done by the end of this year. It all depends on the manufacturing and logistics issues.

And there is a pessimistic vision in which the game does not get funded. In that case only a prototype will be displayed during Essen Spiel. And the campaign will return as soon as we have a new, better version of the game for you. But we deeply believe it will not come to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be funded in less than an hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell us the time as soon as you know it. I want to be a part of this from the first minute!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
It should do well.

This is classic euro territory with a great theme. I know my game groups will like it and I know I like it.

It feels a lot like a Stonemaier game to play, and with a good looking KS campaign it will be targetting the right crowd.

With added miniatures / delux version and solo play added, the RedImp crew are ticking all the right boxes.

I've enjoyed learning the game and playing with the prototype, and hope to have a video with you soon !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
I doubt it will take that long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you plan on using early birds, please set a time limit for them and not numerical limit.

Good luck on the campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
I doubt it will take that long.

Agree on that, but before that please ensure your budget allows for a hypothetically unlimited number of early birds....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rhind
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Must. Stop. Buying. Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
So much for me not backing anymore Kickstarter games. Looks beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Auer
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffrhind wrote:
So much for me not backing anymore Kickstarter games. Looks beautiful.

I was going to ignore Kickstarter in the future, but already backed two projects the last three months. Luckily my wife is quite understanding :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobiasz Kozlowski
Poland
Suchy Las
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
mb
Starts on 11th and run 21 days , means i won't get. Already spent this month KS budget and won't get next before 5th of August. Maybe a 28 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Little Englander
mbmbmbmbmb
tkozlow wrote:
Starts on 11th and run 21 days :(, means i won't get. Already spent this month KS budget and won't get next before 5th of August. Maybe a 28 days.

If I could be so bold ...
how much is your monthly Kickstarter budget?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sheppard
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pregaming by watching movies about Mars tonight. Obviously, the Martian. Red planet, mission to Mars and total recall. What other ones are relevant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
A few important pieces of information:
1. Start of the action at 11 a.m., NY time, on 11th of July 2016
2. There is a good chance that right after the game gets funded, another action will start in Poland on the local crowdfunding portal. The collected money will be added to KS, which will result in reaching subsequent stretch goals faster. Large part of Polish gamers does not use KS, and we would really like to have the project supported as much as possible. We hope you like the idea.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black gauntlet
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wot? I don't see it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go, pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Where will this be printed? Is it already at the printer? 2 months between the campaign ends and Essen pick-up seems to be a bit short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogalDorn wrote:
Pregaming by watching movies about Mars tonight. Obviously, the Martian. Red planet, mission to Mars and total recall. What other ones are relevant?

Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |