arz man
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I take it from the rules that you can use the "Foreign princess" card to marry your own baron or somebody else's. Is that correct?

If so, is it common to marry your opponent's Barons? maybe to transform potential-electors into couples in the religious provinces? has it happened in your games?

Thx,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game sitting in front of me, but my understanding of that action is that you can turn one of your single men into a couple. I don't think that it states that you can use it to force one of the opponent's singles to marry.

Frankly, even if it were allowed to force-marry an opponent's single man, I don't think it would be a very good option...as they could easily just move them out or pull some other shenanigans to offset the move, and be up a couple in the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Un Streetfighter avec un doctorat
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the English rules:

"Foreign king's daughter: the player turns one of his Barons to the 'Couples' side. The life stage remains the same".

So no, you can't marry other people's Barons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.