4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Game For 3 (Sometimes 4-5) Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B
msg tools
Hey guys,
Can anybody lead me in a direction for what to buy next, please? I'm looking into buying one or two games soon.

Essentially, some gameplay mechanisms I'm looking for would be more for trading/negotiation and/or city & civilization building (gaining coins & resources/points based off that). A list that may help with what I'm into and looking for (that we already have) would be Machi Koro, Bohnanza, Ticket to Ride, and Splendor.

I've had several that are currently on my radar like Puerto Rico, Catan, Dominion, Suburbia, Imperial Settlers, and Power Grid. Does anybody have any other games that they think would be better or highly suggest any of the ones that I'm currently looking at? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Catan is the best match. It has the trading/negotiation of Bohnanza and the civilization building/rolling for resources of Machi Koro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also check out Chinatown. Not quite as good at 3, but still good and it's a great streamlined, negotiation game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Chinatown
+1 for Catan

I'm a big fan of Chicago Express, that may sorta scratch your itch, but the trading/negotiation is more metagame than ingame, but required.

Have you checked out Genoa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls