Hide
2 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: Thank you for ST:F!! My kind of MK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zerandise Morgalis
msg tools
Thank you for putting on a Theme I enjoy! I snagged Mage Knight a couple years ago and have most of the expansions. I am mostly a solo gamer so it only seemed fitting. I trudge through MK from time to time but mostly it sits on my shelf. Great game don't get me wrong! It always felt like work though. 4 games in to ST:F and I can say that MK is going to the sale table at the next meet. It was such a pleasure falling into it. Very glad it took so little time to swap over to as well. I know this is a point people like to drivel about. For me it is the biggest selling point as I didn't have any real issue with the mechanics so much as the theme. I do enjoy a great fantasy themed game this one just didn't grab me. The Trek theme draws me right into it. I also enjoy the moral choices. Do I go against the prime directive and take the easy route or do I stay the course and choose civility over advancement? Guess that depends if I am Federation or Klingon!!

STF is the way I wanted MK to be. Thanks for the upgrade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said. I agree completely. But I still play MK, too. Both great games. Now I'm getting hungry for ST:F expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.