Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Brum
United States
Ewa Beach
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need some clarification....If I choose to take the dogma action (activate a card) and my opponent is eligible to share this dogma action, is my opponent "required" to perform the shared action, even if the card reads "You may..."?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are required to follow the text on the card. If the text says "You may" do something, then following the text means they have the option to do that thing, or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
To put it also in another light, you are never forced to share in a dogma. If they have the same or more of the symbol, they have the option to also do the dogma if they wish

Not correct. If you have the same number or more of the symbol in the dogma, you have to perform the shared dogma. Then, if the dogma has "you may", then you may choose to perform or not perform the appropriate parts, and if there is "upto", you may select what number of cards to use as applicable.

You always have to do what the dogma says if you are eligible in sharing it. (There are a few very nice shared dogmas you can use against the other players because they must perform it.)

Iello rules wrote:
- An affected player cannot decide not to carry out a Dogma unless the beginning of the text specifies « you may », even if it is a Cooperative Dogma!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
To put it also in another light, you are never forced to share in a dogma. If they have the same or more of the symbol, they have the option to also do the dogma if they wish

This is a very important rule and you have got it wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:

This is a very important rule and you have got it wrong.

Wow, crazy. I'm deleting the original post and re-reading my rules since I must have missed that years ago and need to play it more often!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisham Masri
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
a1bert wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:

Not correct. If you have the same number or more of the symbol in the dogma, you have to perform the shared dogma. Then, if the dogma has "you may", then you may choose to perform or not perform the appropriate parts, and if there is "upto", you may select what number of cards to use as applicable.

You always have to do what the dogma says if you are eligible in sharing it. (There are a few very nice shared dogmas you can use against the other players because they must perform it.)

Iello rules wrote:
- An affected player cannot decide not to carry out a Dogma unless the beginning of the text specifies « you may », even if it is a Cooperative Dogma!

Thanks for this! Apparently I have been playing it wrong. I figured the "You May" language meant it was optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is optional if the dogma has "you may", otherwise not. Not all shared dogmas has "you may".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Indeed, I always like to take other tech millionaires and "Sail" them to a remote island with primitive tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question related to it comes into my mind while reading this thread...

What if the dogma says something I can only fulfill partly? For example what if a dogma says that I have to exchange some of my cards with some cards of an opponent and the opponent has the cards but I don't have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would depend on the text. If the text says to exchange your hand with your opponent's hand, then you do that even if your hand is empty. There are some dogmas that tell you to do specific things that you may not be able to do. In that case, you don't do them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
In general, try to fulfill as much of the dogma as you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls