Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, played Rebellion a couple of times now (as Rebels) and have noticed a particular problem that I seem to be having which has contributed to my losses: Completing objectives.

Between my last two plays, I've only completed...wait for it...2 objective cards: 2 in the first play and 0 in the last one. I'm not sure if it's just a case of quote/unquote "bad draws" but while most objectives sound straightforward enough on paper, I'm finding them to be almost ridiculously difficult to accomplish, especially since many of them require the Rebels to maintain a certain status on the table until the Refresh Phase...status that requires very little effort from the Empire to interrupt.

For those with more plays under their belts, are there any general tips for actually pulling these off? Running down the clock is, of course, how the Rebellion wins but I'm having trouble parsing how this is effectively accomplished. Last game was particularly embarrassing because the Rebel Base was uncovered on Turn 6 (thanks to an unstoppable Interrogation mission) and destroyed (although only just barely) on Turn 7 with a surprise attack by Admiral Ozzel, while the Rebel marker was still on Turn 14.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Move the base once it is discovered. Priority one. Losing on Turn 7 is pretty unlucky in my experience.

Objectives are important, but they typically require some set up and I would be surprised if you can complete many by turn 6!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JK777 wrote:
Move the base once it is discovered. Priority one. Losing on Turn 7 is pretty unlucky in my experience.
This part may have just been a compounded case of "bad luck" but I did everything I could to protect and move the base. On Turn 5, one of my leaders got captured in Mon Calamari. On Turn 6 I sent a rescue mission but failed on the dice, this left the Empire open to attempt his interrogation mission to uncover the Rebel Base location as the final mission of the turn and because of how many leaders he already had committed there, he got 10 dice to my 6. Needless to say, I couldn't stop him from success. So I give him the 3 systems (the Rebel Base was on Endor and he had a small fleet on Bespin).

We move to Turn 7, my plan was to use Chewie to "Hit and Run" as the first mission on Bespin (either succeeding and destroying his only carrier or forcing him to oppose and thus preventing him from moving anyway) and follow with Rapid Mobilization. Again, perhaps just "bad luck" for me but he had Admiral Ozzel's leader card which let him move his fleet and attack before the start of the Command Phase, so...no Chewie. I almost, *almost* won the ground battle but that only counts for horseshoes and hand grenades, my last airspeeder went down and it was all over. Even two Shield Generators and an Ion Cannon couldn't save me.

JK777 wrote:
Objectives are important, but they typically require some set up and I would be surprised if you can complete many by turn 6!
That indeed seems to be the crux of my problem. While I was able to really hamper the Empire's production last game, it didn't seem to save me from the threat of running out of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Webhead123 wrote:
On Turn 5, one of my leaders got captured in Mon Calamari. On Turn 6 I sent a rescue mission but failed on the dice, this left the Empire open to attempt his interrogation mission to uncover the Rebel Base location as the final mission of the turn and because of how many leaders he already had committed there, he got 10 dice to my 6. Needless to say, I couldn't stop him from success. So I give him the 3 systems (the Rebel Base was on Endor and he had a small fleet on Bespin).

You shouldn't have gone a full turn without Rapidly Mobilizing when you knew there was a solid chance he'd know where your base was by the end of that turn, and would be able to attack it on the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Webhead123 wrote:
On Turn 5, one of my leaders got captured in Mon Calamari. On Turn 6 I sent a rescue mission but failed on the dice, this left the Empire open to attempt his interrogation mission to uncover the Rebel Base location as the final mission of the turn and because of how many leaders he already had committed there, he got 10 dice to my 6. Needless to say, I couldn't stop him from success. So I give him the 3 systems (the Rebel Base was on Endor and he had a small fleet on Bespin).
You shouldn't have gone a full turn without Rapidly Mobilizing when you knew there was a solid chance he'd know where your base was by the end of that turn, and would be able to attack it on the next turn.
Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but in my mind on Turn 6, I didn't consider his chances good that he would uncover the base and even if he did, my line up of missions was such that I was certain he'd never get a chance to attack it. This is because I played "Distraction" on Bespin with the intent of securing the Rescue Mission. I knew this would force him to oppose me on Bespin, and although I failed at the Distraction mission, I knew it also meant he wouldn't be moving his fleet that turn. Then came the Daring Rescue attempt and although it failed, I still wasn't terribly concerned. Even if he succeeded at the Interrogation, he'd have 3 systems to choose from and I had Chewie/Hit and Run to hit him with at the start of Turn 7, which would give me the chance I needed to evacuate. Sadly, I didn't know of the existence of Ozzel's leader card and didn't realize there was a chance that he could move before my first mission, so that's what did me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Webhead123 wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:
Webhead123 wrote:
Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but in my mind on Turn 6, I didn't consider his chances good that he would uncover the base. This is because I played "Distraction" on Bespin with the intent of securing the Rescue Mission. I knew this would force him to oppose me on Bespin, and although I failed at the Distraction mission, I knew it also meant he wouldn't be moving his fleet that turn. Then came the Daring Rescue attempt and although it failed, I still wasn't terribly concerned. Even if he succeeded at the Interrogation, he'd have 3 systems to choose from and I had Chewie/Hit and Run to hit him with at the start of Turn 7, which would give me the chance I needed to evacuate. Sadly, I didn't know of the existence of Ozzel's leader card and didn't realize there was a chance that he could move before my first mission, so that's what did me in.

I think there are some cheat sheets out there that have a list of the cards for both sides - in early games, it might be helpful to have those printed out so you can take a quick glance and see what the other player is capable of! Those should drop in import once you get some games under your belt and have seen all the cards.

To me, the threat of base discovery is as close to "game over" as you can get that I'd have RM ready to go even if I wasn't sure I'd need to use it. At that point, you might just be delaying the inevitable, but it's still a delay, and you never know what's going to change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Craig
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you doing the infiltrate mission?
This mission is key to getting the tough level 1 objectives moved to the bottom of the deck so you can start drawing the much easier level 2 objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
To me, the threat of base discovery is as close to "game over" as you can get that I'd have RM ready to go even if I wasn't sure I'd need to use it. At that point, you might just be delaying the inevitable, but it's still a delay, and you never know what's going to change.
I'm starting to see the point to that strategy, although in thinking about it, it also exacerbates another problem I'm experiencing: shortage of leaders.

Some general strategy tips I've been hearing say that the Rebels should be executing Build Alliance, Sabotage and Infiltrate at every opportunity...and that sort of makes sense (and seems to be supported by the Objective cards). If you throw Rapid Mobilization in there every turn, that's 4 leaders constantly committed and not available for special missions, their own leader card effects or opposing the Empire's missions and battles.

Should I be doing this? Should I really be committing to all 4 starting missions every round?

kbclac wrote:
This mission is key to getting the tough level 1 objectives moved to the bottom of the deck so you can start drawing the much easier level 2 objectives.
Last game, I was executing Sabotage and Build Alliance every turn and got Infiltration about every other turn, mostly due to shortage of leaders. I was able to get down into the Level-2 Objectives by Turn 5, I think but as the game didn't last but one more turn (since I got cut off at the very start of Turn 7), it didn't end up helping me much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Webhead123 wrote:
If you throw Rapid Mobilization in there every turn, that's 4 leaders constantly committed and not available for special missions, their own leader card effects or opposing the Empire's missions and battles.

Should I be doing this? Should I really be committing to all 4 starting missions every round?

Nope - RM isn't an "every turn" thing. It's an "I know the Empire can hit me by the next turn" thing. I wouldn't have played it in prior rounds, but if I know there's a chance they'll find the base and be able to attack it before I can resolve an RM, and I don't play RM, then I'd view that as poor play on my part (or, at the very least, me taking a risk with a huge downside if I lose).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shir E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to try and answer the OP question, rather than the discussion about RM.

First of all, you have to play Infiltrate in the first 2 rounds.
skipping it on the first is just asking to get an impossible objective.

You should be playing build alliance every turn, its a must unless you have a better diplomacy mission, and then still you probably should play it. think about it, you need some units to be able to accomplish most objectives, you need loyalty to get those units, and you need places to deploy them. the empire is going to squash your loyal planets by simply moving into them, so you need to gain as much loyalty and hopefully far enough away from the empire so you can retain it for a little time. some times it is useful to place loyalty in a bad system just so that the empire will feel compelled to move in there and therefore not move towards your base.

Sabotage is also a super important mission in the begining of the game, and towards the end when you want to make sure the empire can deploy in your base's area (or in Curscant's area if you are going for HotE).

More on infiltrate:
the tier 1 objectives are all pretty bad with the exception of the one that makes you kill 3 health worth of ground units.
You might not be able to score this one early, but at some point in time in the game this usually becomes easier.
Killing a star destroyer requires a lot of luck, i think this is my least favorite objective. the 2 loyalty missions are hard, but over the course of the game they become easier.

Once you reach the Tier 2 objectives they aren't that hard (except HotE). 6 loyalty on the board and not having a captured leader seem like freebies as well as winning a ground battle on a subjugated system (usually by just killing 1 imperial trooper that is subjugating something).

So if you get 2 tier 1 objectives done as well as 3 tier 2, you have already reduced the scoring track to 9, you are in decent shape.
Now you need to figure out how to either survive the empire's attack which will pribably come on turn 8, or how to beat the empire at something and get an extra objective or 2.

Lastly but very important, i messed this one up once before:
Make sure you have a decent split of refresh phase and combat objectives. Having to decide between 2 objectives sucks, and can often lead to bad results. Don't block yourself, plan your objectives 3 turns before you score them, and usually try to score them the moment you can (unless you are revealing your base for it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one key strategy the Rebels can utilize is to keep the Empire so off-blanace with your missions that they aren't moving, and you buy time to win while the Empire is either reacting to your mission play or is trying to attempt missions of their own.

I mean if all they're doing is reacting to your missions and moving their troops, you still have a good chance of kicking off a few of your own, and they aren't doing things like drawing project cards or capturing/torturing/turning your leaders.

And I think another key strategy of understanding the Rebels is that most of your leaders will be on missions. You don't have enough forces on the board to keep a lot of leaders ready to make massive troop movements like the Empire can. If you have leaders on deck, it's either the leader you intend on making your 1-2 key strikes with this turn, or he's there to oppose whatever the Empire is trying to do to your current leaders.

One strategy I've been performing as rebels lately is to have Rieekan sitting on Rapid Mobilization, and when resolving him at the end of the turn I choose just to bring units back to the base. There are something like three Hidden Fleets in the rebel mission deck, and if you've drawn at least one of them there's a case for doing a turn 1 assault of an Imperial outpost, then sending the important units (airspeeders, corvette, fighters) back to the Base to use on a future turn. Or even just grabbing units from remote places to send back to the base to dispatch against another target on another send mission. With this kind of precedent, when an Imperial player sees Rieekan on a mission, he/she has no idea if you're going to move the base or you're just shuttling units back to the HQ.

Then you can set Rieekan up for other missions as well, if your opponent is expecting again for him to shuttle units back to base. Instead, nope! Here's more structures for my HQ. Or look, he's moved out.

In terms of accomplishing objectives, Mon Mothma running build alliance every turn enables a few of them. Go for some of the outer regions (with fewer populated planets) to complete regional support for instance. Defend the People and Establish Outposts are easy enough to do if you have extra troops to deploy them out on planets Mon Mothma has given you. Popular Support is also only possible if Mon Mothma is spamming diplomacy. In fact you can even make the case for giving her C3PO, to make her so unappealing to resist with Palapatine that you can skip off with success after success in systems the empire hasn't conquered yet.

I don't spam sabotage and Infiltration as often, but Infiltration is I think more useful of the two for those extra objective draws. With more objectives in hand, do the hardest one (like Popular support over Regional Support). Sabotage isn't as great because the Empire has a good chance of doing their R&D mission, which they'd then trigger to remove the sabotage marker and still draw a project card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Infiltrate doesn't draw extra Objectives, it just gives you a better choice of Objectives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, with it you're grabbing one more objective card than you would otherwise (the one draw at the end of the round), and it lets you filter for desired/wanted objectives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:
Well, with it you're grabbing one more objective card than you would otherwise (the one draw at the end of the round), and it lets you filter for desired/wanted objectives.

Not one more. You always get one at THE end of THE round. With infiltraties you dont get any card. THE second part is True.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played Rebellion 4 times. And in 3 of those games the Rebels lost, completing very few objectives. I think it's because when everyone's newer to the game, the Rebels require a much more nuanced and non-linear strategy compared to the Empire.

In our 4th game (my 2nd as the Rebels) I won. I completed 5 objectives: Crippling Blow, Rebel Assault, Death Star Plans, Heart of the Empire x2.

Generally speaking the objectives are to do with area control or military victories. Generally speaking it's hard to pull off both and you need to adapt your strategy to what the Empire does.

If they quickly spread out, then the area control ones are going to be hard to achieve, but picking off an poorly defended Star Destroyer here or there will be easier.

You need to be doing Infiltration basically every turn, or at least strongly considering it - this will allow you to filter through to the 'right' objectives.

Also preemptive attacks are great - you get quite an advantage being the attacker, making the combat objectives much easier. Don't be afraid to jump in there, kill waht you need to and then retreat. Ff you can get a decent leader involved and draw a lot of cards to help with the combat. The Imperial player will either have to add a leader to try and win the combat/defend key pieces (and lose 1 fleet movement) or leave it and have a poor defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
Completing objectives takes some set up and utilizing your drawn mission cards. Some of the objectives cards are extremely easy when paired with correct mission cards. You could have had some bad mission card draws.

It's also extremely important to correctly pick where you want to perform those missions. If you can puzzle out what forces the empire wants to move then you perform your missions there. The empire player will have to decide whether he wants to challenge you and stop the mission or whether he wants to me able to move that force on a later turn.

As a sidenote, I hate that surprise attack card (as the rebels, love it as the empire). I thought I had a game locked up and he played that card and found my base and wiped me out. Afterwards, I found out he had a 1 in 7 chance of correctly guessing the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infiltrate is extremely important. You want to be making sure the objectives you draw are actually useful.
So you play infiltrate, look at the 2 objectives, select the one that you are closest to completing, or would be the easiest to complete.
It's also important for cycling the objective deck. Tier 2/3 objectives are more valuable or easier to complete than tier 1 objectives, so infiltrate allows you to skip ahead in the objective deck a bit. Tier 2 also gives you access to 2 important objectives (heart of the empire and death star plans). These objectives force the Imps to play more conservatively or risk handing you some big objectives.

The second thing I find is helpful for objectives is misleading the Imps. This takes some knowledge of the game, but can be achieved during early plays also.
Basically, you want to be working on all the objectives at once. Even the ones you don't have, or have discarded. If the Imps know of the objectives, they will try to counter them to block your objectives.
If you appear to be attempting to complete 3 different objectives, the Imp player either has to risk you completing some, or they have to spread their resources trying to counter all 3. Either path makes it more likely that you will complete an objective.
I've often made it quite obvious I was working on an objective (that I didn't have), and meanwhile I was actually completing an objective the Imp player had overlooked because I was more subtle with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Webhead123 wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:
I'm starting to see the point to that strategy, although in thinking about it, it also exacerbates another problem I'm experiencing: shortage of leaders.

Some general strategy tips I've been hearing say that the Rebels should be executing Build Alliance, Sabotage and Infiltrate at every opportunity...and that sort of makes sense (and seems to be supported by the Objective cards). If you throw Rapid Mobilization in there every turn, that's 4 leaders constantly committed and not available for special missions, their own leader card effects or opposing the Empire's missions and battles.

kbclac wrote:
Last game, I was executing Sabotage and Build Alliance every turn and got Infiltration about every other turn, mostly due to shortage of leaders. I was able to get down into the Level-2 Objectives by Turn 5, I think but as the game didn't last but one more turn (since I got cut off at the very start of Turn 7), it didn't end up helping me much.

My experience is that the Rebellion's leader shortage eases some around turn 5. You have a full set of leaders unless you've lost some, and Infiltration is (possibly) no longer necessary every turn. Add that to the fact that you can only draw two new mission cards per turn, and it leads me to suspect that there's a fair bit of slack built in to account for the possibility of Rebel leaders being lost for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iro Ken
Australia
flag msg tools
To answer the OP, I'd generally Infiltrate to dig down to the Level 2 objectives then stop. This means I'm probably keeping 3 level 1 objectives which thankfully sets me up for some of the level 2s.

The Level 1s I keep are Regional Support, Cut Supply Lines and then maybe Crippling Blow / Rebel Assault.

Regional Support: You should be Building an Alliance every turn, this can easily be focused around a region if not aim for the 2 regions at the bottom of the board that only have 2 populous systems. I generally find this objective easy to complete and it ties in with Popular Support at level 2.

Cut Supply Lines: Sabotage everything! A remember to do it on subjugated systems as Imperials won't be able to RnD those. Even if they waste projects/loyalty to remove it thats precious time that you have won and you always have this objective to score.

Blow/Assault: Goes without saying on what you think you can snipe.

From here you should be able to achieve most of the level 2s by just being alive pretty much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
I am going to try and answer the OP question, rather than the discussion about RM.

First of all, you have to play Infiltrate in the first 2 rounds.
skipping it on the first is just asking to get an impossible objective.

This really isn't true at all. Not sure why people keep spouting this nonsense. Doing infiltrate makes you susceptible to capture, which is more dangerous than having less than helpful missions. As long as your base is far away from the DS you don't have to worry very much about quality missions. Just know your missions and get influence. That's the most common requirement for missions, and it's something you should be doing anyway.

Remember if a system is subjagated it still counts as loyal to the rebels. Heck, I've gotten so used to planning strategies around accomplishing those first few missions that I don't like doing infiltrate as it messes with my planning. The only reason you should do it really is to get DSP, which granted is incredibly important. but if you can work around that you can do fine. I just don't like opening yourself up to capture. With Sabatoge at least your character has some defensive stats against capture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:

Generally speaking the objectives are to do with area control or military victories. Generally speaking it's hard to pull off both and you need to adapt your strategy to what the Empire does.

If they quickly spread out, then the area control ones are going to be hard to achieve, but picking off an poorly defended Star Destroyer here or there will be easier.

Uh no... I think you're misunderstanding a rule here. most of the objectives have to do with loyalty. Which has almost nothing to do with military. Sure you can get the +2 dice modifier if you have units in the area but that rarely happens. Though they will happen MORE often if you spread out, not less. Though really spreading out is one of the worst tactics as the rebels.

Spreading out will especially make going after star destroyers a LOT harder. If you lump all your forces into one group (which you can hide easily with RM and Hidden Fleet) you will have a good chance of knocking out a poorly protected ISD or a lightly defended subjugated planet.

Your advice is backwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
I disagree. Infiltration is a must do. The level I objectives are much harder than the level II and III.

If you play Infiltration every turn, by turn 7 (which is when the game usually ends) you will have 3 I's, 2-3 II's and 2-3 III's - meaning you will get to see the whole deck. Moreover, you will get to choose which objective you get. For instance, choosing between "Gain Sympathy" and a second set of "Death Star Plans" can change the game entirely.

If you don't expose ANYONE to capture, that means you can't do sabotage or infiltration - you're losing more than the Empire is gaining. Plus, within the first turn or so, the Empire will be adjacent to almost every single system on the board. Unless you resolve all of your missions in the rebel base, you will expose yourself to captures.

Best to bite the bullet and do the actions that will actually let you win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shir E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yan is correct in my opinion.
Making yourself suseptible to capture sucks, but you don't really have a choice.

Somethings to make it harder on the empire.
Infiltrate in lightly guarded systems, or near your fleet so you can try to rescue your leaders militarily.
sabotage and infiltrate in the same location with Leia and Riekaan.
If you attack the empire where is hurts as your first move, he might have to use a leader and then you will have the last turn.

I really think that in the first rounds your goal is to get units on the queue and get to the objectives you can accomplish.
Once you do that, the reputation marker will be moving quickly.

Just last game I wasn't in the best of shape, and then in 1 game round i destroyed a Death Star, won a battle in a subjugated system and got a refresh phase reputation point. Suddenly the empire is on its heels, and they feel like time has run out, they start making mistakes.

I wouldn't have been able to kill a star destroyer or have 4 loyal systems with a unit, but the right objectives for the missions i have and the board situation make all the difference.

Ofcourse I gain loyalty every turn as well, you need that too, but infiltration is just as important in the early game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Master
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
You may not have a choice about being captured at some point, but the earlier in the game you're captured the more expensive it is in terms of the fraction of your actions that you lose on the next turn(s). So if you can find useful things to do in round 1 with all your leaders without exposing yourself, you might want to wait until round 2.

For instance, sabatoge a square empire will eventually need but doesn't need right away; build alliance; move a fleet to kill a weak square; and play a mission you drew to start the game.

That said, I think a reasonable option is to set up an attack on the square where you are using infiltrate/sabatoge so that even when you are captured, your fleet/ground attack saves you immediately on the same turn. Depends on their being a weak imperial square, but there often is since they are trying so hard to subjugate your rebel squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

So, my absolutely dreadful luck with this game continues and I think I may have set some kind of world record. Just finished a game and lost on Turn 4 to a sudden Imperial mission card called "Planetary Conquest", executed by Veers. Admittedly, It was sheer, blind luck that he picked the Rebel Base at random. Still, the thought that such a lucky turn of such devastating yield is even possible was honestly a bit off-putting. The dice and tactics cards were also pretty cruel to me again.

Up to that point though, I felt I was doing pretty well overall. Keeping the Empire distracted and building lots of loyalty. I even accomplished 2 objectives on turns 2 and 3 and that made me happy. Madine, my only leader with Spec Ops, got captured and Leia's rescue attempt failed, even with R2-D2 in-tow. Still, the Imperial fleet was nowhere near the Rebel Base and I was setting up to spring an attack on Coruscant by way of Corellia. But, my plans didn't get that far as Veers dropped in out of nowhere with an army of armored weaponry and, 1 turn before 2 shield generators and a batch of reinforcements showed up, the base was reduced to cinders.

Really just a case of "worst possible luck ever", I know. Sheesh! Is this game ever going to cut me a little d*** slack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |