Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

What does the following rule mean?

"When NA units allied to opposing sides meet in battle, they flee in equal numbers from each side until only one side or neither side has NA units left"

Does that mean when the defender rolls 2 green dice for his first roll, if he gets 2 flee markers, both the attacker and defender have to have 2 green cubes flee?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. It means you flee Indian markers from both sides until only one side has any left before you roll any dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In other words, if two armies, both of which have Indians, meet for battle
1) Figure out who has the least green cubes at that battle and how many
2) Both sides place that number of green cubes from their battling armies into the fled box.

Battle begins. Only one side will have Indians for this battle.

If the number of green cubes is equal, both sides place all their green cubes (at the battle) into the fled box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
In other words, if two armies, both of which have Indians, meet for battle
1) Figure out who has the least green cubes at that battle and how many
2) Both sides place that number of green cubes from their battling armies into the fled box.

Battle begins. Only one side will have Indians for this battle.

If the number of green cubes is equal, both sides place all their green cubes (at the battle) into the fled box.

I don't have the rulebook in front of me right now but once the indians flee, I assume they are gone the rest of the game, correct?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game with me right now, but I think that each side has a card that brings fled Indians back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It may be worth looking through the cards and seeing which factions can acquire NA cubes from the Fled Units. There are some tactics to explore around that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't have the rulebook in front of me right now but once the indians flee, I assume they are gone the rest of the game, correct?

Thx
jonpfl

No -- each side's stronger faction (Continental Army / British Regulars) has one Event card which gives them a muster of +2 Native Americans plus all Fled Native Americans.

Once both of these cards have been played, Fled Native Americans can never return.

Similarly, Fled Hessians can return via an Event card in the Loyalist deck, but once that's gone, they're gone forever too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, this can be a factor. One of the cards I least want to get early is the one that brings back the fled Indians. You will either hold it for awhile, use/toss it early, or build a strategy on getting them involved early so that, once the fled losses are high, you can snatch them up.

Last time I tried the third option, the faction cube drawn just before mine saw the owner play HIS card that brought them all back...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls