3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Summoners war like game with "french version". rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
√Čthernel d'Argenciel
msg tools
Greetings,

I did a lot of research for a card games (you got all card for a small fee, nothing like Magic the Gathering pay to wins) that play fast games for 2 or more players. (playing most games with 2)

Summoners wars was the "taker" of all others. Problem is, the french version is back order. I can't find it anywhere (not on local internet ads listing, not on ebay, not on amazon.ca).

So, if you guyz know where I can find the Master or Alliance set in french, please point me out...

If not... (most likely) What games would play like this one but could be taken in french?

I wanna play with my children and they don't read english, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn was semi-recently made available in French. It's a battling card game, also made by Plaid Hat (publisher of Summoner Wars); it plays quite differently from SW, but I've heard it's fairly similar to Magic and doesn't have the CCG pricing. I overall recommend it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
√Čthernel d'Argenciel
msg tools
Seems a bit longer from 30 to 120 minutes.

SW was simple to play, so children of 8 to 9 years old could follow up. This seems to be 14 years old+.

Do you know any faster, simpler alternative to SW? (with french access)

It's a nice try, but since Phait got a fat lazy french tranlation third parties... not sure, I want to invest in them.

So, I need more recommendation!

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls