Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few questions related to the timing of the Endorse action. I saw partial answers, but I'm going to ask anyway.

1. When you Endorse, do you tuck the card first and then count icons for sharing purposes, or count first and then tuck?

2. When you Endorse, and you are going to tuck a card with an echo effect that will be visible and that is in the color of the pile you are activating with a dogma, will the new echo effect be part of the dogma?

I ask these two questions because normally when you dogma, you count icons first and perform all echo and dogma effects in that color. Any effects that add or take away echo or dogma effects are ignored until the dogma is complete, and you do not recount icons for sharing purposes. However, I wasn't sure on the Endorse action.

3. Is there anything stopping you from using the Endorse action on the same pile that has the city card providing the Endorse ability, in case you want to activate the echo effects twice? I saw a forum answer that said you could not, but I did not see that restriction in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
1. Tuck the card first, then count icons. The tuck is a payment required for the Endorse, so it happens first.

2. A new echo effect on a tucked card will be part of the dogma.

3. You can Endorse the city itself to activate the echo effects in its stack twice, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting, I would have guessed the board state at the start of an action would when icon counts are determined and that tucking the card was just part of the Endorse action.

... and now that I've gone and read the dogma/sharing rules in the 2016 version of the rules, it says players count icons "at the start of a dogma action...." So, I assume the logic is that Endorse unlocks 2 dogmas, and icons are counted at the start of the first activation of the dogma, not at the start of the Endorse action itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Carl! I had been playing it w/o counting the tucked card so yay! Now I can be more perfect! RAWR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls