10 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Transport capacity necessary for Rapid Mobilization? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
flag msg tools
I had a quick question -

When one plays Rapid Mobilization to bring units to the Rebel Base, is transport capacity important? We'd always played like units could be picked up regardless of transport capacity, as "adjacency is ignored".

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adjacency is ignored, but not transport requirements, you need to have ships there to transport ground units unless the card states otherwise e.g. Lead the Strike Force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
In general you have three main constraints to deal with when moving:
- leaders block movement out of their system
- target system needs to be adjacent
- ground+TIEs need transport

Any such restrictions not explicitly mentioned as exempted apply to all move effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Mitchell
msg tools
Does this mean that, if the Rebel Base has been revealed and RM used to relocate the base, then units from the Rebel Base system cannot be relocated using Contingency Plan ("CP") to reactivate RM?

For example in the following case:

(1) Rebel base is located and revealed at Utapau.
(2) Rebel player plays RM, putting Ackbar at Utapau (substituting Utapau for "Rebel Base" in the RM card, per the rule for revealed base) to relocate the base to Dantooine.
(3) Rebel player then uses Lando on CP to reactivate RM with the intention of moving troops to Dantooine.

Does Ackbar's presence in the Utapau system prevent moving troops from Utapau to Dantooine with RM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sqworl wrote:
Does this mean that, if the Rebel Base has been revealed and RM used to relocate the base, then units from the Rebel Base system cannot be relocated using Contingency Plan ("CP") to reactivate RM?

(2) Rebel player plays RM, putting Ackbar at Utapau (substituting Utapau for "Rebel Base" in the RM card, per the rule for revealed base) to relocate the base to Dantooine.
(3) Rebel player then uses Lando on CP to reactivate RM with the intention of moving troops to Dantooine.

Does Ackbar's presence in the Utapau system prevent moving troops from Utapau to Dantooine with RM?

Yes. All movement restrictions must be obeyed unless the card specifically lists one or more points that can be ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
Sqworl wrote:

With some exceptions, i.e.:
- Lando on initial RM + "Undercover" action card,
- leader on initial RM captured by Empire.

I was also thinking about some gimmick with retreat, but I don't think it's possible in this case (wherever retreating leader goes, all Rebel ships go as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that Rapid Mobilization is not resolved until the end of the Command Phase. You can set it up to be resolved twice via Contingency Plan, but Contingency Plan will need to be revealed before you know where the base is going.

Thus, the ordering is somewhat more like:

(1) Rebel base is located and revealed at Utapau
(2) Rebel player reveals Rapid Mobilization, putting Ackbar at Utapau, but does nothing else for now.
(3) Rebel player reveals Contingency Plan to assign Lando to Rapid Mobilization
(4) Rebel Player reveals Rapid Mobilization, putting Lando at Utapau, but nothing else for now.
(5) At the end of the Command Phase, the first RM is resolved and the base relocates to Dantooine
(6) The second RM resolves, but you can't take units from Utapau due to Ackbar AND Lando being there. Units could move from other systems, though.

Edit:
Perf wrote:

In both these cases, the other leader assigned to Rapid Mobilization would still block the movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Surely Rapid Mobilization occurs after all the leaders have gone home, doesn't it? I've never played it that leaders prevented RM...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xatham wrote:
Surely Rapid Mobilization occurs after all the leaders have gone home, doesn't it? I've never played it that leaders prevented RM...

It happens at the end of the command phase. The refresh phase, and retrieval of leaders, has not happened yet; so yes, if you use RM to move units, a leader in the system would prevent it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Perf wrote:

In both these cases, the other leader assigned to Rapid Mobilization would still block the movement.

Ha, I knew that without actually placing dudes on board and seeing how it plays out, I'd get confused somewhere. I managed to miss the fact that the Rebel base still is in its original location when you play RM for the second time.

Still, theoretically you can pull it off, if both leaders are taken care of by "Undercover" card and capture - right? It requires quite a... cooperative Empire player, though, and there are simpler ways to relocate the base and immediately have it protected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls