Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How do you ever remove a revolt from a 5 area?
Not sure I understand the question; A revolt in a 5 area certainly can be behind enemy lines. and, if it's not, you are free to attack it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If both the revolt and the army are on 5, the revolt is behind enemy lines. As far as I understand it, the army has to be on a higher numbered space than the revolt or city in order for the player to attack the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
see rule 6.2.3
The enemy will attempt to suppress it. When revolts are behind or in the same area as the army, they work to your advantage.

Edit: Oh, now I think I understand what your concern is. The army will still try to suppress even when in the same area, moving would be considered advancing past the revolt so it would suppress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I meant Uprising. Uprisings are red. The enemy ignores them. Only you can deal with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike a fortress, an Uprising can be attacked in a contested area, meaning if both the Royalist Army and the Uprising are in area 5, you can attack it.

I am referencing 8.5 in the rules where the Uprising cannot be behind enemy lines in order to be attacked. Contrast that to the blue shaded text just to the left of it that says you cannot attack a Royalist fortress that is behind enemy lines or in a contested area.

Since an uprising would not be behind enemy lines if in a contested area, it can be attacked.

At least, that's how I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, just did some thread digging and even the designer is of two minds on this; his original answer was that if the revolt is in the same space as the army, it's considered eligible.
However, someone else chimed in and pointed out that they are treated like fortress' and therefore could not be attack when an army is in the same space to which the designer also agreed with.

So you could play space 5 two ways:

1. revolts are eligible when in the same space as an army (this is how I would play it)

2. Revolts are not eligible when in the same space as an army so in the case of area 5, you would have to disorder the army first. (To me this is hard mode)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls