Stoyan Taskonidis
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the question is If one player attached something on another player hero or ally, who is controlling the attachment. This is important if ability of the attachments has to be triggered. As you know If you play strictly according to the rules the one player who cast the attachment is not supposed to know the hand of the other player, so could not use the attachment so effectively. Also, If resources need to be paid for triggering the ability of the attachment, who have to paid it.

At first my opinion was, that the owner of the attachment is the one, who played it and he decides when to use it, but when you have to pay resources (eg Blood of Numerion).... It seems, that the player, who owns the character become the owner of the attachment as well......
You see, I'm confused.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Higgins
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly With Your God.
mbmbmbmbmb
From page 25 of the rule book, under Control and Ownership:
When a player plays an attachment card, he has the option of giving control of that card to another player by attaching the card to one of that player's characters. Players always assume control of attachments that have been played on their characters. If control of that character changes, so does the control of any attachments on that character.

I hope this helps.

Happy questing!

Noah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noah is exactly correct, but there's one thing I'd add. Some cards' text refers to a card's "owner". This never changes: it's the player whose deck the card originally came from.

So if I have Steward of Gondor and I play it on one of your heroes, you control the Steward of Gondor card, but I still own the Steward of Gondor card. (This distinction is also found on page 25 of the rule book, just above the paragraph that Noah cited). If you're defending against an attack when the shadow card says "Defending player discards all attachments he controls," any attachments that you played will go into your discard pile, but Steward of Gondor would go into my discard pile, not yours. Again, see page 25 of the rule book: "Any time a card leaves play, it reverts to its owner’s hand, deck, or discard pile (as directed by the effect forcing the card out of play)."

So the ownership of the attachment, and control of the attachment, are two different concepts. Ownership of a card never changes, and determines which discard pile the card goes into when it leaves play. Control of a card can change: when I play an attachment on your hero, you now control that attachment.

This distinction between control and ownership can be best seen by looking at the Reinforcements card from Treachery of Rhudaur. The allies entering play can be placed under any player's control, but at the end of the phase they go back to their owner's hands. So if player B had no allies out and just got unexpectedly attacked by a brutal enemy, player A can pay 3 leadership resources and put one of his high-defense allies, and one of his high-attack allies, into play under player B's control. Then player B can use the high-defense ally to defend against the enemy's attack, and use the high-attack ally to hit (and hopefully kill) the enemy. Finally, at the end of the phase, the two allies return to player A's hand.

Does that help you understand the concept a bit better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoyan Taskonidis
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both of you!

After I started playing with another player I guess I have to review the rules once again as some of the aspect which did not apply in solo were forgotten (and actually I didn't paid enough attention).

BTW, yesterday I just tried two player game alone to test the multiplayer. And I was amused How easy it was, when I knew the both hands. So today I will play it with my brother and I prefer to follow the rules regarding "table talk", that's why some questions appeared (for most I found the replies)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO... forget the table talk rule! The game is a coop, much better played discussing what's going on!

This isn't one of those games that if you talk and share info, you beat the game easily... THOSE games need the table talk rule. Trust me, you will enjoy yourself a LOT more by talking and discussing, planning together...

I'm even known to just screw the strict play-in-order during the planning phase... just more fun playing things out... (when I play solo 2 handed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls