Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan McCabe
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
~$12 if you have the tools and glue already.

Bought an unfinished wooden box from Hobby Lobby:

Added some dividers that were just crafting wood. I had to cut about 1 1/4 inches off of each board.

Fits all 18 (16+2 promo) fighters, sleeved, two sets of normal attack cards, the 9 board spaces, and plenty of extra room for more. The instructions and stuff fit nicely just laying on top. Fighter dividers courtesy of my daughter. I'll probably paint and/or wood etch the top with the Exceed logo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks pretty elegant. I was just planning on buying 4 Ultra Pro Dual Deck Boxes or something else to hold it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine in 4 Ultra Pro Dual Deck Boxes. It works out pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cropcircles wrote:

Did you get the smaller one that holds 120 cards or the larger one that holds 180 cards? I'm thinking of sleeving mine and using the 120 card capacity ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, the charm of needing to make my own storage solution for every Level 99 game has definitely worn off by now. Exceed is so simple; this one should have been easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
RayLancer wrote:
Cropcircles wrote:

Did you get the smaller one that holds 120 cards or the larger one that holds 180 cards? I'm thinking of sleeving mine and using the 120 card capacity ones.

Worth noting, UltraPro isn't kidding around when they say it holds "120" cards or whatever. Each character kit is 31 cards (30 deck + 1 character card) 32 if you keep a reference card with them, sometimes more for special cases like Miska.

I got a 180-card Dual deckbox and wasn't able to, safely or otherwise, fit a 6th character, even though it was only some 5-ish cards more than the holder said.

The way it ended up for me, you can fit like, 2.5 characters in each pocket, so for the 120, you'd only fit 1.5 in each (each holds 60 ultrapro-sleeved cards, p. much exactly, so that's 32 + 16 in each pocket, which is a little messy, esp. if the "half-character" is sleeved in the same colors as the rest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls