Subject: Possible typo on objective card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Gordon
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
On objective card #6-Send One Back As A Warning, it says "force an opponents worker to retreat and still have at least 7 power." That just seems way to easy to me. I feel like it should say 7 popularity instead of 7 power or specify that the worker needs to retreat from combat. Otherwise you could just walk a mech into a spot with one worker and lay down a star. Is this just me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it would make more sense if you'd force a mech to retreat with that wording... Is that really the full text?

EDIT: Okay, checked from the PnP and that's what it says. I think it's on par with the others as you still need to gather the 7 power first before stomping on the poor villager. Besides, it's one of the few objectives that actually cost you something. You might gain a star, but you'll lose 1+ popularity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gordon
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah, I quoted it exactly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinsilver wrote:
Well, it would make more sense if you'd force a mech to retreat with that wording... Is that really the full text?

That is the entire text.

Popularity does sound more fitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's missing the word "combat" somewhere. That would make the most sense. It'd be much harder to retain 7 power after actually fighting an opponent's mech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has workers hanging out alone on the board unless it's the last turn or the first couple?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The exact wording of the card is as follows: "Force an opponent's worker to retreat and still have at least 7 power."

I can understand the confusion, but it's not a typo. Power is correct. One of the ways you can force an opponent's worker to retreat is to win combat against an opponent's mech/character while they're on a hex with that opponent's worker. So the card is saying that even after winning combat in that situation, you must have at least 7 power.

As you noted, the other way to force an opponent's worker to retreat is to move your mech/character into a territory containing only that worker, in which case there is no combat. That is an easier way to do this, but it still requires you to get in position to do that (the worker may be all the way across the board) and you still lose 1 popularity per worker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gordon
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
Ok! Thanks for the official clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.