Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's everyone using to track their campaigns? I know there are the official sheets from FFG, but they're very basic and don't track everything. There's an app on android, but it's buggy and missing several missions. Does anyone have a great campaign tracker spreadsheet or pdf they use, or an app that's complete?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check out the files section, there are quite a few there, like editable pdfs, excel sheets, etc. It's been a while, but I believe we used a google docs one last time we played, that calculated XP use and everything. Unfortunately I didn't quite find the link right now ^_^ I know I found it here though, so I suggest you just check out the different options and find whichever one suits you the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dunn
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Group uses a android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.ia.cam...

We find this very good, and thanks to the writer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to add one to http://jediwars.com but considering how much time I've been able to devote to the project in the past 3 months, it will be a long time coming

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jond66 wrote:

I tried that one, it's missing missions and it gets some things wrong (like the number of missions in a campaign, it caps at 8 when the deck should contain 12).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have been working on a campaign tracker for IA that walks you through the setup and manages all aspects of the campaign, cards earned, so, credits and influence etc.

Latest version: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8qygjeGxUDmSXBtcjZt...

I'll ask the file owner on big to upload shortly as that is stuck on v3.9

I should point out that this is an excel version so very functional but ugly, if you have android the app suggested above is great. If not, this version will work on Windows and maybe ms office for iPad and Mac etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Jond66 wrote:

I tried that one, it's missing missions and it gets some things wrong (like the number of missions in a campaign, it caps at 8 when the deck should contain 12).

I was wondering if you can explain me what missions are missing from the campaign in android application. Please Send me an email at coolgrass21@gmail.com.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the campaign I tried to enter in it was missing Imperial Entanglements, Homecoming, Hunted Down, and wouldn't let me enter in more than 8 missions even though campaigns start with a 12 mission deck (4 red, 4 grey, 4 green).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SlyFox
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Adaptive Printable Campaign Log is the best one that I have tried - https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/127152/adaptive-printable...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mb
SpoDaddy wrote:
From the campaign I tried to enter in it was missing Imperial Entanglements, Homecoming, Hunted Down, and wouldn't let me enter in more than 8 missions even though campaigns start with a 12 mission deck (4 red, 4 grey, 4 green).

I believe you are trying to add "Hunted Down, Homecoming and Imperial Entaglements" in Return to Hoth Campaign. Return to Hoth Campaign time period is 5 and above three missions were before that time period <=4. App filters out mission based on time period automatically.

Also, Base campaign let you pick 4 grey and 4 green mission. But if you are playing Return to Hoth, campaign guide says select 2 green and 2 grey missions along with 4 threat mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Rhoen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
One sheet of A4 paper and a pen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Cool Grass Android App is the best!!!

I tried before it many other ways, excel files or A4 trackers, but the app is unbeatable.

A couple of times I found out some little problems and I wrote to Cool Grass who fixed them immediately.

The Bespin Gambit campaign is already there. It's missing the optional mission you can play if you got the ISB infiltrators pack. I let Cool Grass know about it and I am pretty sure he will add it shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not found any errors in the Cool Grass app; in fact, it often made me realize that we did something wrong (once, my heroes overspent by 25 credits, which I only noticed when I added it into the app).

If you prefer keeping track on a sheet of paper, may I shamelessly suggest my adaptive log here? It is up to date for Bespin Gambit and should be relatively error-free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coolgrass wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

I believe you are trying to add "Hunted Down, Homecoming and Imperial Entaglements" in Return to Hoth Campaign. Return to Hoth Campaign time period is 5 and above three missions were before that time period <=4. App filters out mission based on time period automatically.

Also, Base campaign let you pick 4 grey and 4 green mission. But if you are playing Return to Hoth, campaign guide says select 2 green and 2 grey missions along with 4 threat mission.

That's awesome, happy to hear the mistake was mine. I'll give the app another go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meney
Scotland
Larbert
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used the Cool Grass application to log and track campaigns for a long time. It has never let me down. It can take a while to discover where to add things like threat missions and side mission. Some of the less obvious stuff. But its all there and works a treat. I can run multiple campaigns easily with this.

The only thing that is missing from this application is a pew pew type sound board built in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the Very Loverly Android Campaign Tracker too but I can't work out how to back the data up. There's a lot of hours recorded in there and I'd really hate to lose them coz of a fault with the device etc.

Grumbs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Helfrich
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the excel tracker that
Ian Molloy
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
has created. Here is the link: Star Wars Imperial Assault XLSM Log

He has been on top of all the expansions and does a great job of timely fixes of any errors that happen to be present.

We have run a campaign for each expansion so far and have had no issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R5D4 .

Colorado
msg tools
Addum wrote:
I have used the Cool Grass application to log and track campaigns for a long time. It has never let me down. It can take a while to discover where to add things like threat missions and side mission. Some of the less obvious stuff. But its all there and works a treat. I can run multiple campaigns easily with this.

The only thing that is missing from this application is a pew pew type sound board built in.

I'm also trying to use this app and it seems really cool. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to tell it we ran a Threat Mission, as those don't appear as options when adding a new mission.

Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R5D4 .

Colorado
msg tools
Some helped me. There's a top right menu button AFTER the campaign has started where you can add the active threat missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mb
R5D4 wrote:
Addum wrote:

I'm also trying to use this app and it seems really cool. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to tell it we ran a Threat Mission, as those don't appear as options when adding a new mission.

Ideas?

Did you activate threat mission? When you are on Mission tab, you should be able to see three dots to see actions to activate side or threat missions. In some phone they don't appear as dots so you can hit settings button (bottom left corner)... it looks like three overlapping rectangles on Samsung phones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I don't have heart of the empire, coolgrass's app is still the best for me and my group. But, I've just hit a snag and, although it looks like the app is no longer in development, maybe there's an answer here.

I'm setting up a Hoth campaign and the app isn't allowing me to put more than 8 side missions in. It is supposed to be 12, right? I'm sure I didn't have this problem before. Have I missed something obvious?

Grumbs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Threat Missions reduce the number of side missions in the side mission deck.

The Consolidated Star Wars: Imperial Assaultâ„¢ Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that - there's always another rule to miss :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls