Popular Tags: [View All]
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
Board games are better than video games
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello !

Can you please tell me if this game is fun with just 2 players ?

Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Thomas
United States
Pella
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is, but I say that with some reservation. There is a feature of the game where, if your ant ends on the same space as another ant, your ant "piggybacks" (stacks on top). Piggybacking ants have a chance to move across the board faster, but are also more easily caught by the spider.

When I play with my 4-year-old. She honestly couldn't care less if she wins, but she loves moving the spider and catching others' ants. Because ants are generally more difficult to catch in a two player game, she would say it's less fun in that regard.

On the other hand, with more players, there is more downtime between turns. Waiting to take a turn, while good for teaching a 4-year-old patience, isn't necessarily fun.

Honestly though, if you're playing with kids (which is the only way I'd recommend this game), if they enjoy the game, they'll enjoy it at any player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.