Subject: Planeswalkers + Heroscape Blender rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played a few games recently using some blending rules developed on Heroscapers. Here are the rules we used:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showpost.php?p=2069707&...

except we allowed enchantments on Heroscape units. I don't see why there is this restriction when it doesn't restrict sorcery spells...

The first game we played was 500 points for Planeswalkers + 200 points for Heroscape allies. I took Chandra with her core set of units and core set of spells (I don't have the latest expansion yet) and added on the Izumi Samurai squad, a squad of Ninjas and Isamu to fill out the points. My opponent picked Nissa with her core set of figures and spells and Syvarris and Krav Maga agents.

It was tough for me since all my units were range 1 (my mistake) but there were some good moments. At one point using spells and Chandra's double attacks I was able to obliterate his Pummelroot squad in one turn. But the range issues ended up overwhelming me and Chandra died.

The next game we went with 500 pts for PW and 300 for HS. I wanted to try Kiora with the elf rangers and illusionary projections. For HS I took 2 squads of Marro Stingers, and Zelrig. My opponent had Gideon with the core set of figures, 2 squads of Roman Legionnaires, Marcus Gallus and an Ogre Pulveriser.

This time I had the range units and he had the range 1 units. It was going well for me but then his Rhox veterans were summoned and began to run down my Stingers. At the crucial time my Stingers failed their stinger drain roll, lost one of them and couldn't attack! The Rhox then hit them and wiped the rest of them out. My elves then turned them back and I managed the win.

For the third game we decided on 600 pts for the PWs and 200 for HS units. I took Chandra again with the Goblin javilineers and Q9 for the HS unit. I also took Isamu and Otonashi to fill out the 200. My opponent took Ob Nixilis with the Eldrazzi units. For his HS allies he picked a squad of Marro Warriors and Q10.

Our bots came out first and exchanged fire, Then I fired on the Marro Warriors trying to get them all before they could clone but failed to get them all. Q10 took out my Q9 and then I summoned my firecats who got revenge by taking out his Q10. My opponent then summoned his Eldrazi and I thought I was toast! Ob Nixilis took out most of my firecats and Pheonixes but I then played Twinflame on my remaining firecat which doubles the damage and Seize the Day to allow my firecat to attack, I rolled 4 hits which became 9 hits on the Eldrazi Ruiner! He rolled 2 shields but I almost one shotted him. Chandra got the final strike on him though and took him out.

We went back and forth for a few more turns but I finally got Ob Nixilis with my Goblins.

I really like this style of play. I get the added tactical options of spell use and summoning of squads from Planeswalkers plus the huge variety of units from Heroscape. When I get the new expansion it'll be even better since we will get a lot more spell and army building. I'm really liking this game, and Blender is icing on the cake....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith

California
msg tools
Great post... you just made me spend lots of cash on ebay to buy my three first master set

Sounds like a very fun way to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.