Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space» Forums » General

Subject: Is there player elimination? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan A.Y.
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I am thinking about this game and getting rid of specter ops, since I want to play a faster hidden movement games and Spec Ops just drags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The aliens are trying to eat the humans, so once that happens the human player is out. The game does accelerate though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
Yes. The aliens are trying to eat the humans, so once that happens the human player is out. The game does accelerate though.
From what I understand, in the Ultimate Edition (the currently available one), eaten humans respawn as aliens. The only way to be eliminated is if you're an alien that is killed by another alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
From what I understand, in the Ultimate Edition (the currently available one), eaten humans respawn as aliens. The only way to be eliminated is if you're an alien that is killed by another alien.
Yes that's true. Also if you're a human and you make it to the escape pod, you're done playing and you get to watch the others scramble and/or die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there is player elimination.

In all my games, even with the ultimate edition, someone is always eliminated well before the game is over. It's just part of the game. The player elimination heightens the stakes. Without it, for example, getting killed respawns you, players would play more recklessly and the game loses tension.

I have this game and Spector Ops, they are different enough for me to keep both, but they definitely scratch the same itch. If I could only have one, Escape would be my pick due to the higher player count, option for shorter times and compactness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play with player elimination or without it. The game could be scenario based so do what you want. I like the eaten humans to become aliens, it makes the game quicker and more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls