Popular Tags: cdg [+] [View All]
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying something a little different here....asking for vets of games to weigh in with their opinion...

CDGs are an odd breed in wargaming. Unlike most games where the essentials of the gameplay can be seen very early in the learning process, CDGs require a great deal of time to fully understand the complex interactions of how the game actually works (to grok the game).

I have played them all enough to know how they basically work...but I am asking here is how well they work once they are fully understood...after 10-15 plays...are they increasing in game and fun are decreasing?

Well, while I have not been a big fan of CDGs in general, I have decided to find out and give the devil its due.

So which one should I play? I have narrowed it down to three - Barby to Berlin, Shifting Sands or a playtest of Kingdom of Heaven. Tons of time will be spent figuring the game out and I am wary of ending up with a dog after spending a 100 hours on the thing...

The playtest would have future game buyers so that is given perhaps additional weight and I don't expect any opinions based on a lot of play experience, but this is probably the front runner albeit the more dangerous choice.

So Barby to Berlin or Shifting Sands? Which one rewards more after you really fully get the game? Got another choice? Happy to hear it but I know them all enough to tell you why I didn't pick it to play.

Anyway, which would you play and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.