Sheriff of Nottingham» Forums » General

Subject: A couple of cool interactions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going full narrative:

I had a great situation come up in which I was 6 bread short (third place) of being bread king on the last round of the game. I stuffed my bag with 5 contraband. The sheriff was not in contention for bread king. I claimed 5 bread, and a bribe of 6 gold not to check. The sheriff was suspicious of my bag and threw my money back with the intent to open. I said "nonono! Wait, i'll be honest, it's 4 breads and 1 rye. I need those to get bread king and you will make a meager 4 money if you open the bag. Let me pay you double that to have my bread king." He agreed and I got a full bag of loot in.

Check all the bags:

A friend of mine with all confidence offered me 6 coins to check all of the bags. I was so convinced he never do that with contraband I ended up checking both other players bags and letting him through. He had 4 contraband.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game lends to so much bluff. My favorite game of this so far had me winning simply by telling the truth.

I announced at the start of the game: "I assure all the future sheriffs that I will do nothing but tell the truth" And so I did; however I did manage to craftfully goad people into opening my bag with various different approaches. It was a thing of beauty. [my favorite is picking up contraband from discard pile and not place it in the bag]

A bit of backstory -- I'm pretty conniving, so me telling the whole truth in a game like this is pretty much out of character [and surprisingly difficult]. I was either top or 2nd in most majorities this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Deever
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
Game lends to so much bluff. My favorite game of this so far had me winning simply by telling the truth.

I announced at the start of the game: "I assure all the future sheriffs that I will do nothing but tell the truth" And so I did; however I did manage to craftfully goad people into opening my bag with various different approaches. It was a thing of beauty. [my favorite is picking up contraband from discard pile and not place it in the bag]

A bit of backstory -- I'm pretty conniving, so me telling the whole truth in a game like this is pretty much out of character [and surprisingly difficult]. I was either top or 2nd in most majorities this way.

Great strategy- I'm going to try this next game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.