Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just skimmed the rules again and there doesn't seem to be an option to pass your turn. With just four actions available and all of them being pretty situational (two of them requiring money, one being available only four times over the course of the game and the last one only being viable when you have the room for additional guests), in my two games thus far, there have been some situations where people wanted to pass their turn. Is there an option like this? (I didn't find one in the German rules.) We started debating a variant where you could have one of your family members pass for a week in order to gain one dollar. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Harblnger wrote:
I just skimmed the rules again and there doesn't seem to be an option to pass your turn. With just four actions available and all of them being pretty situational (two of them requiring money, one being available only four times over the course of the game and the last one only being viable when you have the room for additional guests), in my two games thus far, there have been some situations where people wanted to pass their turn. Is there an option like this? (I didn't find one in the German rules.) We started debating a variant where you could have one of your family members pass for a week in order to gain one dollar. Any thoughts?

Yes, it is in a weird spot though. If you look under the action for a "Place a sign" it says it here. Basically Place a sign is your "free action" so that is why they placed the note here that you can pass if you can't place a sign.

Quote:
If you can‘t place a new sign, you are allowed to pass, which means that you only place your FM in time slot 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for clearing that up You're right, it is a pretty strange spot for that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.