9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: I hate these chairs (or, Show Me What You Sit On!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Joe
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just can't expect guests to do multi hour gaming in these anymore. Even with a tasteful cushion tied to it (like your mom would do to match the tablecloth), if I'm not comfortable, I know they're not.

It might be weird but I'd love suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Church chairs are notably cheap and durable and pretty comfortable, especially for those a bit wider in the rear. There are a great many online vendors, such as:

http://www.churchchairs4less.com/

No, I'm not recommending them, have no relationship etc -- just a randomly selected search engine hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sit down first at the table so I can grab the rolly high back computer chair. Everyone else gets the super shitty wooden chairs that I need to replace so bad it is not funny.

Yes, I'm a terrible host. But only about the chair. I really need my chair not to suck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pininfarina’s Aresline Xten. You should get at least six. I suggest contacting the manufacturer to request custom green and yellow so your six chairs will match game piece color choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be useful if we knew what kind of chairs are the problem.

The most comfortable inexpensive chairs I've found are resin patio chairs, perhaps because they flex a bit.

Folding card table chairs are usually the worst. Stacking chairs a better, and usually more compact when stacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Church chairs are notably cheap and durable and pretty comfortable, especially for those a bit wider in the rear. There are a great many online vendors, such as:

http://www.churchchairs4less.com/

No, I'm not recommending them, have no relationship etc -- just a randomly selected search engine hit.

I game with someone who uses church chairs. (He piggy backed on an order his church was placing). They are pretty great chairs. They come in two widths. The wider chair is only a couple bucks extra. They are sold on several websites, so shop around as shipping can be the deal breaker. They aren't the cheapest, but for what you get they are a solid deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sir benji
Canada
flag msg tools
CrusherJoe wrote:
I just can't expect guests to do multi hour gaming in these anymore. Even with a tasteful cushion tied to it (like your mom would do to match the tablecloth), if I'm not comfortable, I know they're not.

It might be weird but I'd love suggestions.

The Geekchic chairs are supposed to be super comfortable, but they're also bonkers expensive at almost $1000/chair once shipping is factored in.

http://geekchichq.com/collections/seating/products/8-hour-ch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Scott
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some Amish made chairs that I bought from a local store in Houston, TX that contracts with several Amish furniture makers. https://amishcraftsmanfurniture.com/

I couldn't tell you which model it is and I doubt it would help. But if you find a good furniture maker, I bet they can make a chair that is comfortable to sit in even without a cushion. These are solid wood chairs, very sturdy and no cushion but it is contoured and shaped to be comfortable to sit in. Honestly, I can sit in them for hours without complaint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I searched Craigslist and found a company that was liquidating some of their office stuff, including their boardroom office chairs. Got a full set for $50 apiece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.