Subject: Approval for Company and accessory entries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Sullivan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over a week ago I submited entries for my company and accessories that I created for Nuggit Games. These items have been sitting in the pending queue, and I was wondering if there was anything else I should do, someone to contact? I could understand if they were rejected or asked to be revised in someway, but I have not had any contact with an admin.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
12th BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Approvals take time, you will get a geekmail when it's approved/declined, or if there's a question.

The best thing you can do to make sure an accessory is approved quickly is to provide a link in the admin notes showing that it was released and available separately.

Note that storage solutions and box organizers do not receive an accessory entry. An item must be used in game play, but not add rules or change game play.

BGG Guide to Accessory Submissions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Sullivan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I had not found that article and realize now that my boxes fall under the category of unreleased products.

Thank you for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
12th BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's linked from BGG Guide to Game Submissions, which is another useful thing to have bookmarked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excalibrax wrote:
Over a week ago I submited entries for my company and accessories that I created for Nuggit Games. These items have been sitting in the pending queue, and I was wondering if there was anything else I should do, someone to contact? I could understand if they were rejected or asked to be revised in someway, but I have not had any contact with an admin.

Thank you

I'll also point out that publisher entries are accepted in a second pass after the game has been accepted. BGG didn't want publishers in the database that didn't have games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Sullivan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok then maybe the better way is to pose this as a question.

What would be the best way of getting listed?

As a way to promote my company at gencon I'm giving away dice flat business cards. There will also be one of my boxes in some way at a publisher booth, but not for sale. I was hoping to get on the Gen Con Preview list to raise awareness of this, but most of those entries are linked back to actual publishers. I've contacted W. Eric Martin via email and geekmail, but have not heard back from him, and was trying to be proactive.

There is E-raptor which is an accessory publisher without any entries, and while I am no where near the same level as them, I have sold boxes for Pandemic as evidenced by my Etsy store

Should I just submit the Pandemic Box and attempt again as it is a released accessory, but it wasn't one I was planning on releasing for the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
12th BGG CCE open!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
e-raptor has items linked; you have to change it from game publisher to accessory publisher in the dropdown.

If you are interested in advertising, you could also send an email to adrates@boardgamegeek.com for current prices and more information. Maybe you could sponsor an official contest on BGG and have a giveaway/prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
before I retired as a database admin in March
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb

going back to 2011, I managed the company and person queues for all three domains
I sent this note 100's of time every month
Quote:
Hi

we only approve company and people submissions
after they have a linked and approved database entry

please submit a game and link this pending company or person to the submission

if you have already submitted a game
please tell us what it is, a link to the database entry is best
so we may link it to this submission

or if the game is still pending
go to your contributions page for the proper domain
click on your pending games or versions
you can edit the pending entry and link this submission as needed

note: after the approval of the Game, Version or Release
different admins will approve the company and people submissions
these approvals are not done simultaneously with the database approvals
you must be patient

note: company and people entries without a database object link can not be found in search
they also become a magnet for duplicate entries and a waste of user and admin time

Thank You

Bob / stargate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.