Subject: Away Missions (Encounters) - Expanded rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at building a random mission generator (website) that will randomize missions and values.

Instead of just going straight to the diplomacy phase, you will go through the Alternate Phase. Next depending on your faction chosen, you will be presented with an random mission from an expanded list.

So for example if you are playing the Federation, you will have a higher probability of diplomacy missions, however you could also have missions involving the Holodeck etc....

I could do this in chart form because I know there are many who despise having to play with an added electronic device. Below are just some quick examples, nothing finished....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this idea! Go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a basic app up and running for the Federation side. Right now I have about 15 Events with some having multiple variations. When this is released, I would like to have around 50~150 events for both the Federation and Klingon with variations of some events thrown in. After release events will continue to be added and the app will continue to grow over time, so hopefully it will take you many games before seeing the same event.

This app is designed for tablets, however it is formatted in a way it works fine with an iPhone or PC... in essence it is just a website that randomly gives events as you click on them.

If you have suggestions on events just GM me and I will try to add them in.

I am also looking to branch out for the other objects in the game, stations etc.... even with the possibility of traveling in open space and having random events happen (if you want to play that way).

Currently this app will encompass all planets visited and there are numerous events that will happen, not all will be planet based.

If you are interested in testing and providing feedback, please GM me and I will send a set of instructions.

Cheers,
PE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been working to make some of the encounters not all diplomacy or fighting, but out of the ordinary or dealing with what you would find in an episode so the game plays out like a string of episodes. As you go around the map you may choose to play a token or just try your luck with the app...

For example, below is just a simple game of Poker.

PE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still doing some revamping on the layout. Once that is done, new events will be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job and cool idea. I am interested but don't have a ton of time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had to stop development of this, however I am looking at finishing this. One item is that there appeared to be little interest in the variant... if there is enough interest, I will finish and release.

Cheers,
PE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Doornbos
msg tools
I would absolutely be interested in seeing this finished. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EightofChrisLemmon wrote:
I would absolutely be interested in seeing this finished. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Thanks Miles... I have started developing again. Hope to have something ready by Christmas.

Cheers,
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Geraghty
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Sean, did you ever get this off the ground or in a partially finished/usable state?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zhonghao CHEN
China
flag msg tools
Totally amazing idea! Love to see the final state!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.